Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK47 TM, stops firing.

Hey All, Ive been given an 47 to try and fix

Basically the problem is when you fire the thing, sometimes it shoots, sometimes it doesnt.
    Usually when leaving for a long time then firing it will work.

its a Tokyo Mauri with the Folding Stock Bog standard ive been told except an uprated battery, Sanyo 2400 Competition pack, volt meter reads 9.7v

Anyone have an similar problems?

Thanks,

SparkyFloyd

Re: AK47 TM, stops firing.

Sounds like a bad connection or an overheating motor. Pop the grip off and check the connectors to the motor, after that its just a case of checking all connections including the fuse and the battery connectors.

Comment

have you checked if its got a thermal fuse resetting mosfet? and when it doesnt shoot is it completely dead or does it make a noise?
      PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

ive checked the fuze, originally (Originally blown when given)
        So i replaced it, thats perfectly fine, all the connectors/cables are in good nick.

And I cant see any Mosfets, Just Gearbox assembly, normal 13A fuze and trigger built into the gearbox.
        And yea danhc, completely dead.
        Pull trigger sometimes it fires, then sometimes pull the trigger and its like theres no battery in it.
        No jamming sounds, no clunk, just nothing.

Comment

The original blown fuse could be a clue ? Disconnect the terminals on the motor and try and connect a battery directly to the motor with a couple of pieces of wire to see if it works correctly (make sure you connect the wires the right way round). Its just a case of working your way through the wiring piece by piece until you find a break/bad connection. Looking at your battery voltage reading, have you got a 9.6v ?, if so might be worth trying an 8.4v instead.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the input slick63 =-D
            Yeah i thought that when i first saw it, but the battey used and connector for it were in the wrong orientation and wrong connectors so im assuming my mate plugged it in the wrong way, jammed the motor n pop goes the fuze =P

Either way, ive changed the battery terminal so the gun matches the battery now.

And Hurrah! Ive found the problem atleast, it appears to be a verry slight deadspot on the motor.
            If it turns to a particular point it just wont turn, probably burnt out commutator or brushes and the sorts.
            I am a bit concerned about this battery though, my multimeter is reading 9.9V
            and from what my friend told me, this gun is entirely bogstandard except for the internal gears which he had to replace cause the original ones "blew up" .

Either way, i know that the motor is the problem as even on its own its very tempermental.

Thanks all for the Input! =D
            -Sparky Floyd

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SparkyFloyd Find out more about SparkyFloyd
            Working...
            X