Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M4 ris and lipo

Hi guys

I am thinking about trying to get a smaller peq battery box so looking online I have found one but it has a 11v lipo battery in it. Is this going to kill my gearbox? Or does anybody else have any better ideas?

If anybody could help I would be very grateful

cheers
    Tom

Re: ICS M4 ris and lipo

hi tom
    well 11v lipo wont kill your gun if is a small one ( 20c rated) and if the mah aint too high (2000-3000 should be ok)
    but what i will say is to fit and active breaking mosfet if you do go 11v lipo as it will double tap on single shot if you dont because it cycles too fast for it to stop for a single shot
    my mate has done this to all his guns and has had no probs with any of them including an ics m4
    this has also given his guns a very nice rof now lol
    hope this helps

steve

Comment

wont need any gearbox mods.
      ICS actualy advertise a couple of there guns firing on lipos, so you will be fine there.
      as for the double tap issue im not sure best bet is to see what happens when you put it on.

Comment

whilst installing the mosfet it might be worthwhile putting in a lipo alarm, as soon as a lipo gets too low on juice you've wasted £30 or so :O
        BB
        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

If you go for a 7.4v 20c version then you won't really need any other mods - the ROF will be similar to using a 9.6v Nimah so no extra wear and tear on the gearbox.

A Lipo alarm is a good idea. I carry a small one in a pouch and check the voltage after each game, but I tend to take two 1200mah batteries with me and swap them over at lunchtime anyway - there's no danger of them draining too much with a half a days play each

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

deltaboy Find out more about deltaboy
          Working...
          X