11.1 Volt lipo in KWA M4 - Bad Idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11.1 Volt lipo in KWA M4 - Bad Idea?

Basically a good friend of mine has just received his new KWA M4 S-System from a well known Scottish retailer. He also bought an 11.1V 1600mAh 20C battery from the shop that sells components.

He called the Scottish company after he blew his fuse (he's a bit of a noob) and they said that he should not use an 11.1 v in the "British Version" of his gun. They recommended a 7.4 v.
    The KWA site says that it is 11.1 v ready. We did not know such a "British version" existed. Is this true?

I also notice that lipo batteries give a coulomb rating as well as a voltage rating. Is this relevant to the longevity of the gearbox?

So to summarise, Will this battery really cause so much more harm than a 7.4 volt lipo? Is The Scottish shop correct?

Thanks.
    One team to rule them all, one team to find them, one team to bring them all and in the darkness of the night battle own all the Deltas. BRAVO HOORAH!

Re: 11.1 Volt lipo in KWA M4 - Bad Idea?

I would interpret that to mean that they will not warrant any faults caused by using an 11.1.

So long as the gear box interals are set up for it, it should be ok. AOE correct, remove second from last tooth from the piston shorten the third. Sector clip on the sector gear. Should do it.

If it has high speed gears, I short stroke the gear set and piston too. Because with the lower rated springs we use in this country it doesn't hurt to give things an additional tiny ammount time to get to rest befor shooting them off backwards again.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

its so much easier if noobs simply dont use 11.1v and stick to 7.4v and get the biggest mah they can fit. Its just easier..

As midas says they are covering them selves. Its now on you if you break it.

Comment

OK, thanks. I don't think any of us are up to doing any complex gearbox work, and perhaps a 7.4v would be better, but would the gun survive on an 11.1v?
        Thanks
        One team to rule them all, one team to find them, one team to bring them all and in the darkness of the night battle own all the Deltas. BRAVO HOORAH!

Comment

i think it would.. go for it.

Comment

But don't come crying to us if it all goes horribly wrong! In a short space of time.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Just for your information, the 'C' rating on a LiPo refers to the amount of current the battery can continuously provide (or over 10-30s if the burst), so a 1600mAh 20C battery would be able to provide 32A continuously.

In effect, (up to a certain point) this means that the higher the 'C' rating, the higher the maintained voltage under load and the faster the gearbox will fire. I used to use a 5000mAh 40C pack in an M4 with a Systema Turbo motor, and the rate of fire was silly. It will not however (assuming you're keeping within the rpm limits of the gearbox) damage the gearbox having a higher C rating or capacity.
              In the beginning the Universe was created.
              This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Comment

Ask on the KWA Forums, i run mine on 11.1v fine.

That said, supposed to be not be too high a c rating in the manual.

Comment

dont know about KWA, but never put a 11.1lipo on a KSC AEG. it wont burnt the fuse, but will ruin the gear...
                  sigpic

Comment

thanks everyone. however, my friend decided he wanted this gun to last, having already rescheduled his birthday 3 months early to get it, so he's sending back the 11.1v and getting a 7.4v lipo.

Comment

its for the best run the 7.4v, get some use out of the gun then in future as he gets more used to airsoft, maybe the confidence to do work on guns, he can move up to 11.1v and if something does happen, he can fix it. Or at least he will know someone who can. Lets face it all you want to do when your new is have a gun which works and get out and play. nothing worse than gun failures early on in airsofting.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

squidgypig Find out more about squidgypig
                      Working...
                      X