Magazine is loose, not feeding consistently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazine is loose, not feeding consistently

I now have a magwell conversion and a Canadian M4 mag on my JG G36C thanks to TeddyKiller and tisane, but the problem is that it clicks into place-but it is still very loose, resulting in a feeding issue with the magazine. I have seen videos where people have reviewed the same item and have mentioned about the looseness, but no qwik-fixes...anyone able to help me out?

Re: Magazine is loose, not feeding consistently

may have to do somehting like a piece of card on either side of the mag, or putty on either the magwell or the mags, how much play is there, and is it side to side, and fron to back?

Comment

cheers bud, i'll try that after work what kind of putty would you suggest?

Comment

i'm not to sure to be honest with you mate, id geuss something liek the "green stuff" that they use in warhammer and the liking, havent ever had to do it before though. I'd geuss that modding the mags would be better than the magwell, unless you can get it off easily as it might screw you over for using different make mags.

Comment

I'd be more inclined to use foam. Remember an M4 mag is designed to be loose in the mag well so you can press the mag release with one finger while using a free hand to grab a mag and slap it in.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

foam? what like polystyrene? as it seems that i have to tug the magazine back slightly for it to feed fine for a few shots, then tug it slightly again

Comment

Foam as in the stuff you get in silencers or some boxes, the very squidgy stuff. If you need to pull your mag back sounds like your mag well may not be seated right. Otherwise its a bit of electrical tape around the top of your mag.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

What mag converter are you using because that mag was a perfect fit for my one mate?
                Try wrapping elec tape around the top of the mag one layer at a time untill it becomes tight, then try firing a few rounds again.

Comment

Originally posted by tisane View Post
                  What mag converter are you using because that mag was a perfect fit for my one mate?
                  Try wrapping elec tape around the top of the mag one layer at a time untill it becomes tight, then try firing a few rounds again.
                  What I was gonna suggest.

Comment

Try using a different mag. I found that M4 metal mags and M4 plastic mags have slightly different diameters.
                    sigpic
                    -... .-.. ..- . -.. . ...- .. .-.. ..- -.-
                    Trader feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32124

Comment

in most guns its the hop unit which locates and holds the mag in place, make sure its fully pushing onto the hop unit feed tube, and if its still loose consider an o ring

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Heavy weap0nz guy Find out more about Heavy weap0nz guy
                      Working...
                      X