Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp5sd6 modifying surpressor

hi all,

ive read somewhere about people putting foam inside their surpressor to make it sound quieter. can anyone tell me if this make a noticable difference, and also what density foam is best to use and how to open the surpressor.

thanks
    carl

Re: mp5sd6 modifying surpressor

Ive been thinking of how best to do this for a couple of days. (got a sd6 on the way)
    The less density to the foam the better im sure my silencer comes empty so i plan on filling it with cotton wool, but having a plastic tube full of holes running down the middle.
    Will be nice to see how it compares to my a5.

Comment

it works yes

BUT , the SD series of mp5 ......

their silencers are not normal ones , as they are just moulded plastic not actual silencer

Comment

just unscrewed mine, it already has foam in it, but it seems fairly dense. also mine is ics so the surpressor is metal.

Comment

Originally posted by carlseamark View Post
          just unscrewed mine, it already has foam in it, but it seems fairly dense. also mine is ics so the surpressor is metal.
          Mine is also ics are any of the endcaps removable?

Comment

the front end cap is un-screwable i have never manage to remove the other

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

thats cool as long as i can get one end open fully i can get inside and have a play.

Comment

Just to add.
                Removed the endcap from my silencer today and loosley filled it with cotton wool to try and see if it would make any difference.
                In conclusion, no it dosent fired next to my standard a5 it sounds exactly the same.
                To be fair as far as i can see the gearbox on an aeg gives you 80% of the noise that gives your position away.
                Any better ideas feel free to add them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

carlseamark Find out more about carlseamark
                Working...
                X