gearbox issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: gearbox issue

Can I just ask what motor and battery are you using?

Are you sure that is where the piston and sector gear are when you open the gear box up?

Something could be slowing movement of the piston, or stopping it from sitting against the cylinder head.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I should have added, that would make the sector gear pick up on the wrong tooth.

Either that or you are running a fast motor with a large battery and are getting pre engagement.
      Gun tech.

Comment

its not the battery or motor as they where working previouslly, literally the only thing i have done differentlly from a perfect working gearbox was taking that single tooth out at the end of the pistol as you can see in the picture.

Comment

No...lol

I want to know what motor and battery...

Taking that tooth off would only benefit things. As Richard says it would never induce jams.

Is it possible something is stuck in the front of the piston so the piston doesn't reach its forward finished position.
          Gun tech.

Comment

*piston - Sorry I should check my spelling when submitting. the motor is a stock classic army. this gearbox comes from the classic army scar-l, the battery is a componet shop 8.4v 1500mah and works fine in my other aeg. testing the gearbox i am not putting the gearbox back in the reciver because of how anoying it is putting it back in and out. but this dose lock and its not a case of me holding it wrong. what was you thinking anyway?

Comment

If the only thing you have done is remove that single tooth....Apart from not getting the piston to run in the guides, when you put the gear box back together, I don't really know what to say.

You won't be getting pre engagement from the motor and battery that you use that's certain.

I can't see how you would get a bb into the gear box in one piece.

Can only suggest clean up the piston lightly re lube and carefully put things back together. Making sure the piston is in the runners and the tappet plate in the right running position.

You could push something through the air nozzle to make sure the piston is moving freely under tension of the spring. But I wouldn't suggest that to someone who has very little knowledge or you could end up damaging something. Probably something wooden and blunt. Not something sharp and metal.
              Gun tech.

Comment

ok here is the update with this, i thought to myself right there should be nothing wrong with this as everything tests as it should work so this time i decided to put it all to gether in the recover and try a few shots.

as before first shot cycled until at the back you can see half the piston half the spring using a screw driver (i know his isnt a good idea but i want it to work) i tried forcing the piston back while pulling the trigger and it finished the cycle.

second shot again prity much the same but this time slight more back. again force back with screwdriver and finished the cycle.

3rd shot even more and same again. 4th shot cycled perfect. when taking the 5th shot it started again. thinking this might be a battery issue or something i thought screw the stock ill plug the battery straight in the gearbox (stock holds the fuse) then we are cycling perfectlly. can this really all be down to a bad fuse or wiring?

Comment

Of course, a bad connection acts like a massive resistor. For all we know, you may have a break in the wire somewhere, just check the cabling out very carefully, short the fuse etc. Test everything you can. If you have one, take a multimeter to it

Comment

of course 99% of problems on hear are battery power related.. Sigh.

Irregular springs are designed to be easy to pick up and then they get stronger towards the end. Much stronger. To make up for the weak start. Its less strain at the pick up on the first tooth but at the end more strain. It might be running out of power at the end.

Comment

What about motor hight? I find too far in and my motors really slow down as they mesh to far in, seems a little strange, I tend to find faults by trying the obvious, if that fails go for the less obvious and so on.
                      Is the gun quiet when it does shoot, I know my CA Scar L is really quiet and sounds smooth. Or does it sound 'shrilly' and almost bogged down?
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SSTSparkz Find out more about SSTSparkz
                      Working...
                      X