Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new body giving issues

hey,

i have fitted a new g&p m4 metal body to my gun, it went on a JG gearbox. and there are a few problems that came about, when fitted the selector switch is really stiff, its fine until you push it to semi, and then its mega stiff at about 10 to 2 o'clock. and then the next problem, i fitted the included g&P hop unit, and when the mag is loaded it doensnt feed even though the bbs are being pushed up, maybe one or two shots here and there but completely un-usable. ii changed hop rubber for a used one and that didnt make a difference.

any help on either problem would be really appreciated

regards,

paul

Re: new body giving issues

did you fit the selector your self ? or did the body come with one ? i have known selector's get hung up on bearings/bushings if not fitted correct or becoming lose

the hop sounds odd have you done any work on the gb ? make sure the nozzel is moving back and forth, did you try your old jg nub ? and most important did your build it correct ?
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

yeh i did the selector myself, and it all seems fine but then when everthing goes on and it nice and tight it is mega stiff, if i loosen the bolt that holds the stock tube on into the gearbox it works fine but then the stock is on the edge of falling off.

and i put the hop together myself and i have checked and checked and its together right, and i did try my used JG nub and rubber in and had the same problem

Comment

ok so the bolt is pulling the gb out of line , hmm ok are you fitting the small pin for the gb and large rear pin before you fit the stock ? as they should keep the gb from moving

this could be why your hop is playing up as it sounds like your stock bolt is pulling the gb back in the body

Comment

hmmm, yeh that could be it, i will give it a go and leave fitting the stock till last to make sure, cheers for the help mate. much appreciated. :D

paul

Comment

not a problem let us know if it works

Comment

it worked a charm :D did as you suggested and the selector is super smooth with a lovely click now, and the dummy bolt now operates even better than before. thanks for the help

paul

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

woottonp love airsofting with my mates, and jsut love having fun Find out more about woottonp
              Working...
              X