Gearbox recomendation needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox recomendation needed

Hey guys, I've got an star sl9 I need a new gearbox for as the one that came in it was cracked, one of the cogs was on the wonk on the spindle, piston was missing teeth, urm and a few other bits n pieces where shafted in it.
    So repair is out of the question. Wasn't told this when I brought this but it happens.
    So what would be advisable as a replacement and also what would fit.
    I'm wanting to semi auto only this so I don't know if that makes a differance.

Thanks!

Re: Gearbox recomendation needed

you really need to asses whats damaged.. and try and replace individual components.

I believe this is simply a standard metal version 3 gearbox for a g36, treat it as such when buying parts.

Comment

If you are happy to keep the gun as Richard says they are V3 but I think they use a different motor mount to the likes of the AK, you need to check.

If you are unhappy having a broken gear box get it sent back.

Mosfet locked single shot CAN make loads of differents to the upgrade parts you can fit.

Some sites let you use locked single up to 450 fps. Worth checking out the sites rules befor deciding.

Then if it were mine, for 450 fps. M135 spring, (400fps, M120) helical torque gear set, high torque motor and HUGE battery..Oh and shim it propelry. Assuming you have sorted hop and barrel.

Happy days.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Sounds like something you should return to the seller!

New shell, gears etc going to set you back near enough £100.

I'm guessing from your terminology you are not that familiar with internals? So unless you buying a complete mechbox (which are quite expensive) you going to need to get somebody to fit these parts too.

Comment

You can get an ACM V3 gearbox for about $50 posted to the UK, maybe the easiest route to go if your not at one with the v3 internals....

Comment

i would surgest getting the parts separatley, possibly getting a tm ver3 gearbox shell off here or the new xtech or something like that reinforced shell and other cheeper high torque parts of a b***** ****
            Last edited by sj_asc; 26 August, 2010, 11:39. Reason: Retailer Discussion
            PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Cool thanks for the advice, i've looked into repairing it, and the fact its split next to the piston means welding, which i cant do, and my mate (who is way better at this than i am) thinks the bearing points are warn so there flopping about like a hot dog in a bucket, so hole new internals seems pretty much the only option.

Comment

Sorry I didn't read that properly, yes you will need to replace the shell, don't bother to try to weld it it will not work as most shells are made of pot metal.
                Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

i've been advised this may be suitable http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...18b7d9d100fc05 please advise, opinions etc, sorry for the dealy in reply to this been at the weekender!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

beagle182 Find out more about beagle182
                  Working...
                  X