lots of dry shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lots of dry shots

just got my m16 back from the shop, where it was serviced and spring upgraded. the guy usually does an awesome job, however its shooting dry a hell of a lot. maybe in ten shots onle 1 bb comes out of the barrel. i only have 1 m16 mag to use with is (dboys)so i know it might be a feeding issue with the mag, but if not that what else could it be? the shop guy will fix it for free im sure as it should have been done with the service but i wanted to know what might be up wit it.

Re: lots of dry shots

my MP5 has that same problem, I think it's because the gun rattles the bbs out, I think it has something to do with the air nozzle that pushes the bbs out of the tight bore barrel.

Comment

come to think of it it wasnt a problem before it was serviced guess ill have to take it back to get looked at. hope its nothing expensive.

Comment

ok, could you do summink for me? :D

turn the gun upside down, take the mag out and look into the magwell.

fire the gun on semi a few times.

You should see the air nozzle shoot forward AND back again, out of sight.

IF the air nozzle just stays in sight, it's blocking the feeding of the BBs and will stop the barrel being loaded. This often signals a broken tappet plate etc, which can be caused by a too stronger spring.... this happened to me with my M4. Just send it back again. :D

EDIT: cost me £38 to get a new M100 spring, hop-up and what ever else fixed in my M4.
        sigpic

Comment

I've tried that many times but my Gun feeds a few bbs then the air nozzle blocks the bbs being fed and the bbs stay in the chamber... is it wise to strip it down to the gearbox?

Comment

Originally posted by theMaskedairsofter View Post
            I've tried that many times but my Gun feeds a few bbs then the air nozzle blocks the bbs being fed and the bbs stay in the chamber... is it wise to strip it down to the gearbox?
            well then you've confirmed my description. It'll often fire a few, and then stop.

if you feel you can, then ok... M4's/M16's etc are often rather easy to follow their insides. just go slow, and remember where each screw went etc.

DON'T DO THIS IF YOUR GUN NEEDS TO BE SOLDERED UP EACH TIME!!!
            (mine does, have to break wire connections just to get motor out...)

But I wouldn't recommend it. if you've had it serviced and then touch their work, they wont always take it back.... without charge.

GP.
            sigpic

Comment

I bought it second hand from a member of here and he said that the previous owner had upgraded the gearbox and spring... So i'm thinking that i need to take a look at this "mystery".

Comment

yeah seeing no movement at all, though tappet plate may be one possibility as it happened with a p90. easy fix apparently, hopefully itl be free.

Comment

could be a number of things but is starting to look like the tappet plate

take the upper off the m4 so you have access to the nozzel see if its under load ( push it in , it should spring back out , if its free moving can only be 3 things , nozzel is not connected to the tappet plate you should see this
                  tappet spring is missing
                  tappet is broken
                  Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
                    could be a number of things but is starting to look like the tappet plate

take the upper off the m4 so you have access to the nozzel see if its under load ( push it in , it should spring back out , if its free moving can only be 3 things , nozzel is not connected to the tappet plate you should see this
                    tappet spring is missing
                    tappet is broken
                    i finally know where the tappet plate is. :D my internals knowledge is very poor. lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

its sorted, it was an allignment problem, put 2 highcaps through it and its firing like a dream.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aptom i wish i could play airsoft every day. Find out more about aptom
                      Working...
                      X