Guns conking out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guns conking out

Both my guns came back from upgrading by a forum member who kindly did them for free on here. After 5 shots of the mp5 firing (doing crono at skirmish) It stopped working completely.. checked stock wires, motor and all, perfect. Someone suggested loose wiring inside?
    And also just firing my dragunov earlier (base gun JG AK spetz, upgraded) It was firing then just stopped completely. On both them you press trigger and nothing happens whatsoever.. HELP?

Re: Guns conking out

Checked your fuse?

Comment

May as well say it now, i fail badly at guns, i cant open them and these 2 are VERY hard to re-assemble so that puts me off more, secondly i dont havem much knowledge of internals, so whats a fuse and where is it located?

Comment

usually its just before the taminiya connector (were your batt plugs in) it will be inside a little white shell

Comment

Oh yeah, checked fuse on mp5 i think, will look for dragunov although it will be hard to source, what exactly am i looking for? like damage? not 'plugged in'? What will possibly be wrong with it? Cheers

Comment

nope you wont be able to visually see if its blown, open the white box up and pull the fuse out and if youve got another fuse to hand plug that one in and try it ifnot the two brass clips that the fuse plugs into electric tape them together then plug a battery in and fire

Comment

cant see it without looking inside (opening it and im not doing that)

Comment

Sometimes its a glass fuse, if it is then you look into it and you will see a strip of metal, if thats broken or looks like its melted then its blown, otherwise its as above, the fuse if you have one will be situated in the battery compartment where you have easy access, if its not that then one or both of the motor connectors have come off with the vibration, thats quite common when they havent quite been put on properly (I do it quite often), the other is the battery terminations are not fitting in properly or are corroded, take a look at both ends of the connectors (gun side and battery side) see if they look a dull or even greeny colour, if they are then the terminals are corroded, you can carefully scratch it away using a very small screw flathead screwdriver or even replace the terminals full stop.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Ok guys dont really need help anymore but thanks!

Mods please close

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ominous Slayer My name's Lee. My username used to be LeeBristolAirsoft. Find out more about Ominous Slayer
                  Working...
                  X