Keep blowing fuses the second i plug the battery in and try to fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keep blowing fuses the second i plug the battery in and try to fire

I dont think a different battery would make a difference to be honest. It not turning could be because it needs more power. But if the fuse is blowing, it will still blow with a 9.6 instead.

Can you turn the gears by hand? (ie, take the GB out, and use the tip of a screwdriver or something to see if you can turn the gears). If you cant, the spring is probably already under tension, which dosen't signify much. If you can, then it would have to be either a duff motor, or the wiring.

If you cant, take the gearbox apart (being carful when you open the shell, what with the spring being compressed) and re-shim and check for debris; could be jammed. For testing purposes, don't reassemble the gun. Just put the reassembled GB back in the lower reciever, screw it in, and pop the motor and grip plate on when you're ready to test. That way you dont have too much work to do to take the GB back out and open.

As far as different parts goes, try it with a different motor (the original perhaps), and if that dosn't work, get it rewired. I honestly cant see it being anything else.

A final after thought actually... If you are going through multiple fuses, what are you replacing them with? 13A house fuses fit but rarely last long in an AEG, especially not an upgraded one. If you have been using 15A ones (bad luck, since they aren't as cheap) then nevermind. It might be worth trying an 18A or 20A or something like that if you can find it. Dont go bridging your fuse contacts though as mentioned above. It's just asking for trouble really, especially if you've upgraded everything bar the wiring. It's likely to melt unless you are extremely carful. Even more so if you get a better battery to test it with.

A shocking suggestion also... Instead of spending £30 on a better battery (which may not fix the problem), consider spending a little more to send it to Z1 or a repair service of your choice to be inspected. I'm pretty good with internals, but if like you, I cant see anything wrong, I just admit it and send it in for repairs.

Comment

May sound a little stupid, but are the wires on the correct terminals, its an easy mistake and not easily noticed. If thats the case your motor is trying to turn backwards and causing the ARL to lock the box up and with that your fuse blows as the motor draws more current to turn itself.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Cheers for the suggestions guys. Im using 15a glass fuses by the way and i uprated the wiring to the element wiring kit. I got the hight torque motor as the connector tabs snapped off the original motor or i would of just stuck with that one. I might just take it all apart again and check it all. Ive done this so many times now and every time it all seems ok and gears run smoothly but when it all goes back together it just doesnt wanna work again. Any ideas how much a service / check up would be if i sent it somewhere to see if they can slove the problem? Cheers Lads

Comment

right i just took the gearbox out with the lower receiver etc and connected the battery up to the gearbox and it fires perfect now. I did out the battery on charge for alot longer last night as i thought it might not of been charging properly. Any chance the battery could be knackered or not charging or holding a charge? the battery was brand new with the gun about a month and a hlaf ago but i was wonderfing it when all the wiring was shorting out on the gearbox casing is there a chance i burnt out the battery or knackered it? if so ill just buy a better battery which if that solved the problem would make me alot happier as i keep double checking everything when i take it apart and take my time putting it back together which is what confuses me as there cant be anything left to check.

Comment

Another thing, sorry to keep being a pain and asking loads of questions but how warm should the battery/wiring/connectors get after firing? i just tested it by firing full auto for about 30 secondes and the motor and connectors and wired feel quite warm but it hasnt blown any fuses now. Makes me wonder if leaving the battery on a good long charge has dont the trick as it might not have been charging properly.

Comment

You might get a little heat build up, but not much, if its excessive then Im sorry to say it sounds like you still have a short, could be something so simple as a little bit of solder touching the GB case.
              section 24 of the 1968 Act
              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Its not really hot or anything i was just wondering how quickly you should feel it getting warm. Ill probably take it apart again and give it the once over but at least its working now. Think the battery wasnt charging properly either which is why it wasnt turning the motor and struggling to get the gears moving as they are shimmed up fine when i check them. might get a 9.6v soon though and see if that makes things any easier as it was firing spot on earlier and a good rate of fire.

Comment

It sounds sort of similar to a problem I just had. Charged a battery on fast charged, shoved it in, blew the fuse. Try charging the battery then letting it cool down first

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kirbymeister025 Find out more about kirbymeister025
                  Working...
                  X