m4 Motor/ gearbox help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m4 Motor/ gearbox help

Hi, today my mate received his cyma ak47, not the best of brands but my m4 probably isnt either (G&G), after firing his i thought wow how quiet is this thing, now i dont know if this is a problem but my m4 is super loud compared 2his and has more of a screaming sound in it. being used to sniping ive never dealt with many brands of aegs, so want to know if this is a gun fault or just a brand difference,

Im running a standard G&G gearbox with a JG motor, what is this scream in the gun and is it a problem compared to my mates "whisper" cyma ak47.
    im looking to upgrade the motor anyway so if its this let me know. my thoughts is not enough greasing of the gearbox but i hope this isnt the problem as a newbie to aegs i dont fancy stripping the GB.

thanks guys JOE90
    sigpic

Re: m4 Motor/ gearbox help

Quite surprised about that, coming from CYMA. Just shows how much they've come up.

Your problem will be a poorly shimmed gearbox.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

the ak v3 is always going to be quieter with its caged motor and v3.

but as gaffa says proper shim job, motor height adjust, can quiet things down a little.

new gears or buff the old ones a bit, maybe lightly sand down the edges for a smoother fit.

Comment

Ok thanks peeps, is this neccesary to the gun or just preference as i dont want the gun to break but then again dont want to break it doing these things, also no proper airsoft gunsmith near me that i know of, only a real gunsmith, portsmouth gun centre- unsure whether he could do this?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JOE90 View Post
          Ok thanks peeps, is this neccesary to the gun or just preference as i dont want the gun to break but then again dont want to break it doing these things, also no proper airsoft gunsmith near me that i know of, only a real gunsmith, portsmouth gun centre- unsure whether he could do this?

Do a Google search for 'Airsoft Games' thats should help, also of course Zero One..
          DJ AoS
          HIT Team -****** ***** Woodland
          Gunless

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JOE90 Small mans syndrome!!!! Find out more about JOE90
          Working...
          X