Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't remove ICS MP5 Silencer?

Hi,

I've just recently bought an ICS MP5 SD3. The Silencer is a tad wobbly so i'd like to tighten it up. Presumably I do this by removing the silencer to reveal a screw that I can get an allen key onto?

I unscrewed the silencer but it only seems to remove the outer casing and the foam. I can't seem to get any further without fear of breaking it. Pictures attached for your references.

How do I get the whole thing off?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks, Tom.

Your going to have to get a pair of grips on the flat part just to the right of the threads.
    Thats the first ive seen a silencer coming off like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Can't remove ICS MP5 Silencer?

Thanks, so it is meant to come off then?

Is it a clockwise turn it'll need?

Comment

Yeah mine comes off in one piece.
        If your looking at the barrel twist it anticlockwise, you prob find its been threadlocked on in a previous life.

Comment

Thats what you will end up with

Comment

I'm currently trying but it feels as though it's been welded on. And then covered in superglue. Whilst being protected by a tough person.

Shouldn't be like this surely, I bought it brand new 3 days ago..

Comment

Then stop there and get on to the shop that supplied it to you.
              If you break it in any way your up the creek, if they break it they have to fix it.
              It shouldnt be like that mine had no trace of threadlock or anyting on it, there is no real reason for it to have threadlock on anyway.

Comment

Right, i'm not sure what's up with it. I just screwed the silencer back on, went to put the gun back in the box...And the silencer fell off in one piece.

And it won't stay on, not sure why it's done this. There's no broken pieces, nor was there any sound of breaking. I merely screwed the silencer back on to how it originally was.

Pics below:

Comment

The top pic there is an adaptor inside the silencer that fixes onto the gun via an allen key, my pic shows the top of that adaptor.
                  Unfotunatly without removing the silencer from the adaptor there is no way you are going to be able to refix that assembly back on, rendering the gun useless.
                  Get it back to the shop you got it from and tell them it keeps falling off, to refix it to the gun properly they have to get the adaptor out of the silencer so it will solve your original problem too.
                  Let me know how you get on.

Comment

It must be faulty then, I can't see an allen bolt nor was I able to access one because I couldn't get the silencer off in the first place (Hence this thread).

I bought this gun for my first CQ skirmish on Sunday aargh. Disasterpieces.

Comment

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news mate, but it is faulty, and the seller has to fix it.
                      Was it an online sale or over the counter?

Comment

Online from **** *******. I'm gonna ring them tomorrow and read them the riot act.

Not needed!

Comment

Funnily enough, my mate bought this exact same gone from zeroone and we have the exact same problem. Whenever we unscrew the silencer it just removes the outer casing rather than the entire thing! =S

As your top picture shows, thats what we get.
                          sigpic

Comment

Its definatly not right, but messing around with it could invalidate the warranty so its best just to send it back and get it sorted.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tom_hargreaves Find out more about tom_hargreaves
                            Working...
                            X