aa l85 (sa80) upgrading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aa l85 (sa80) upgrading?

Im getting an aa l85 in a couple of days after getting rid of my jg g36c. Ive been reading about the problems this gun can have and have also read it uses a variety of parts like different gears and piston size etc. I was just wondering if anybody knows anywhere i can send the gun to get these parts upgraded and roughly how much it would cost. I read you need to do something to the gears and get a piston with less teeth etc to stop it stripping pistons or something? Any help or info would be great as i took apart my g36 many times which was no problem but dont really want to start taking this all apart and would rather let somebody who really knows what there doing With this gun incase i try it and come unstuck. Cheers Rob

Re: aa l85 (sa80) upgrading?

Anybody on here know these guns inside out and knows how to upgrade the please let me know. Also any good shops i could send it to to get them to do the upgrades at some point. Cheers Rob

Comment

Well i know the gun inside out down to the piston. First thing you want to is disable blowback. Youtube videos say how its really easy. And you want a new piston and pisto head so i suggest you buy G&G piston set as this is proven to fit as i have it it mine without you needing to buy a spacer. If you are not confident doing it yourself id suggest let Zero one do it. And if you do end up having zero one do it then you can ask them to disable the blow back.

Reason: I have one :P I decided pfff sod the negatives its sounds flippin awesome with the blowback....5 seconds later a horrible grinding noise opended it up and he piston teeth had been stripped bare.

From what ive seen of the gear box it looks pretty solid but im no gear box expert but the grease in the gearbox looked quite gunky so i bought some nice expensive grease and used that (I reccomend with grease and silicon spray the more expensive the better)

Goodluck mate they are great guns once you get this stuff out the way.

The piston set should cost between 30-40 quid max i payed 32.26 from f*** *******

Regards,

Sam
      Last edited by sj_asc; 1 September, 2010, 18:14. Reason: Other airsoft retailer removed
      Originally Posted by balaclava ben
      i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
      sigpic

Comment

Cheers for the info mate. The gun arrived today and the blowback was already disabled by the previous owner. I took my g36c apart loads of times and fitted full tune up kit etc and knew the gun inside out but just dont fancy taking this one apart so ill probably end up sending it away at some point to get the upgrades done. Whats the whole business of getting a different gear in it or something with less teeth and a piston with less teeth aswell, what benefits does this have as from what ive been reading once this is done you wont get the piston stripping all the time. Cheers Rob

Comment

I do belive you just need to replace hop unit and rubbers and the piston set its what im doing with mine. and maybe a tightbore if you feel adventourus.
          Originally Posted by balaclava ben
          i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
          sigpic

Comment

I spent a fortune changing everything on my g36 before i got rid of it so i dont fancy having to chage it all again on this gun but just want to make it reliable and was a bit worried with all the stories ive read about pistons stripping etc. Thats why its good talking to smebody like you who has the same gun and knows about them. Ive fitted my silencer and red dot sight and also got my eotech 553 sight on there at the moment but want a better way to fit it as it isnt stable enough for my liking. I fitted a spare g36 raild to the side of the handguard and attached my red dot sight for the time being. Also is there a way to fit a foregrip to it at all as i have a folding foregrip sitting here id like to fit. Cheers Rob

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kirbymeister025 Find out more about kirbymeister025
            Working...
            X