inverted aeg hop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inverted aeg hop

im in the process of building a ar57 replica and being all m4 based im thinking of inverting the hop to feed from the top , will the hop adjustment still work as technically the bb will be spinning in the opposite direction .
    id like to fire one of my guns upside down to check but ive no room to do it
    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Re: inverted aeg hop

Well when my CYMA AK-47 wouldn't feed properly, I found that firing it upside down actually worked. But eventually, I had to sort it out and fix her up.

Anyway, as long as your hop is set so that the BBs fly straight, you should be fine! (But yes, the adjustments will be inverted).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

thanks for the reply the guns nearly finnished ,and being to tight to buy a p90 hop and barrel was hoping it would work
      m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

A hopup chamber turned upside down will just make the bbs fly into the ground sooner. You will not get the same effect as hopup in a regular AEG.

Hopup works against gravity, providing an equal and opposite (upward) force via the spinning. Turning it upside down means that force will just aid gravity, not oppose it. You bb will hit the floor before it's gone 30ft.
        Last edited by The Keeper of Secrets; 13 May, 2009, 16:48.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

screwdriver Find out more about screwdriver
        Working...
        X