X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G36 Not firing! help :(

Hi, ive just zero'ed in my new red dot on my g36 and it was working fine,
    but all of a sudden it stoped firing on single shot :S
    so i put it on full auto to give it a burst as JG's do this somethimes and nothing
    the sound of the mottor is going (as in the click), but nothing is happening...
    the fuse has been bypassed so cant be a problem with that
    batterys are both fully charged... any other possible fixes?

thanks

Brett

Re: G36 Not firing! help

This happened to me. Turns out a small bit of the inside gearbox casing had broken, allowing my trigger contact block to move so far out of place when it was pulled off my the cut off lever that the trigger didn't make contact with it, thus, no power.

Something different may have happened with yours though, i.e the piston being almost as far back as it can and the motor not being able to pull it back that extra bit to fire again.

Either way, that clicking noise tells you your gearbox is jammed. Open it up.

Comment

ive never taken a gun apart before, ive got down to the gear box, but cant open it :S

Comment

Then don't. Give it to a techy.

Comment

I agree with TKoS I can do V3 gearboxes easy, but I don't want to open any more gearboxes for a while.

Zero One can fix it for you

Comment

if the piston is all they way back and causing the problem then thake a lok online for pictures of a v3 gearbox so you can see where the antireversal latch is, then take the motor off the gearbox so you can see inside the underside of the gearbox and look up into the internals.

you should be able to see your antireversal latch quite near the opening.

take some plyers that you can fit into the opening and grab the antireversal latch and

pull it away from the gear so that its not engaged, this will allow the gearbox to run in reverse.

if the piston is all the way back and thats whats causing the problem then by allowing the gearbox to run backwards will let the spring release its tension,moving the piston back into a 'ready position' & turing all the gears in reverse on the way.

provided that there isnt a more serious reason that your mechbox is jammed that should sort you out, also as a side note doing this makes opening gearboxes simpler as the tension is the spring as minimal at the point of 'cracking' the casing open.

.....so to do that you dont actually have to 'open' the gearbox just take the motor cage off.

saved me alot of time in the past.

hope that helps you.

M_G
            back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BR3TT 2008 Find out more about BR3TT 2008
            Working...
            X