Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• galaxy mp5k pdw motor, hellpp!

hi
    i have a galaxy mp5k pdw and i cant get the motor to come out. pleeeasee help
    will upload pics when i can. the motor is in the the grip.

Re: galaxy mp5k pdw motor, hellpp!

Usually the motor has a base plate on it at the bottom of the grip. Unscrew that off and then it should come out If not you may have to take the gearbox out with it.

Comment

If it's a V2 the grip will have a baseplate. Remove that and then unplug the connectors, motor falls out.

If it's a V3 the grio will come off as one peice and the motor will be in a motor cage attached to the gearbox. You may be able to access the two horizontal (when the gun is right way up) screws. Unsrew and rmove the motor cage (watch the wiring). Then undo the motor cage.

In each case, there will be a small disk of metal that sits on the back end of the motor. Back sure it goes back or the motor won't mesh correctly with the bevel gear.

Comment

mp5ks use v3 gearboxes BUT with the motor from a v2 held the same as a v2.
        undo the 2 screws on the base of the grip. (not the grub screw) and then the base plate will come off, then just disconnect the wires from the motor and the motor should fall out, although it may need a bit of persuasion. if its really stuck then there may be a problem with the gears inside the gearbox. but lets hope not hey

Comment

gilly i no how to do it!

Comment

if u come to mine sometime after school we'll try and get it out?

Comment

sorry cant upload pics atm, the upload attachment thing is being weird and anoying.

i have unscrewed metal plate thing under the grip to get the motor out and it shud just fall out (i have taken those wires off) but it dont ahhh!

on a video i have watched, it says that it is "long type motor but a version 3 gearbox"
              does this help?
              by the way, it is rather stuck, i am trying to take it apart because it is broken. it may be stuck because whenever i pull the trigger, it makes this sort of clicking noise

Comment

The clicking noise could suggest no power getting to the motor. Check that your trigger contacts are moving into place correctly. Take out the piston, cylinder and tappet plate with all springs/heads (the upper section of gearbox), close the gearbox and fire with a battery in. You can look thorugh the gap where the cylinder should be and see if the contacs are moving into place correctly, and also if semi and auto are both working OK. Then check selector contacts. Then have a look at your wiring.

Comment

i had a similar problem recently, could be that the motor pinion gear has come off and jammed in the gearbox. without taking the motor out you cant get the gearbox out, so try pulling on it a bit harder maybe? i know exactly what motor and gearbox they use as i have 2 galazy mp5ks

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
                  The clicking noise could suggest no power getting to the motor. Check that your trigger contacts are moving into place correctly. Take out the piston, cylinder and tappet plate with all springs/heads (the upper section of gearbox), close the gearbox and fire with a battery in. You can look thorugh the gap where the cylinder should be and see if the contacs are moving into place correctly, and also if semi and auto are both working OK. Then check selector contacts. Then have a look at your wiring.
                  quick thing the guy cant get at the gearbox yet.... what *kind* of click sound is it, can you hear the motor attempting to move? once you get the motor off finding the cause of the clicking shouldnt be a problem.

Comment

Just pull the damn thing out...

Comment

4got about dis thread lol. iv got it out now, thanks all for the help.

just testing this picture, wanted 2 see how 2 put pics up

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
                        Have you ever worked on an MP5K before?

Firstly, with any AEG, clicking noises are usually caused by the motor trying to rotate, but not having enough power too. Blame a flat battery, or an increased resistance gearbox.
                        Secondly, you can't get to the trigger contacts without removing the motor. You'd know that if you'd worked on any MP5. Also that they use long motors in the pistol grips. Without a cage, even in the V3 MP5K.

If you're going to advise on things you're not knowledgeable about in the future, could you please make it clear, that you don't know for sure.
                        Thank you.

Originally posted by Beast ASI View Post
                        Just pull the damn thing out...
                        Pretty much the best advice there. You often need a pair of pliers to get motor's out. Grab it by the plastic housing, wiggle and little and pull. Tis easy.
                        sigpic
                        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Support Gunner Gilome Find out more about Support Gunner Gilome
                        Working...
                        X