help with new GB for my M4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with new GB for my M4

would appreciate any help with the following....

externally, my JG M4 is where i want it to be with some nice magpul parts, etc
    now i fancy replacing the whole GB (then hop, barrel, etc)

basically i want something very good in there - just lift out the JG box and pop in a replacement that'll give top notch performance, when combined with a new hop, etc.

a wolf in sheep's clothing

any ideas for an off-the-shelf GB??

cheers
    h e y d r i c h
    L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Re: help with new GB for my M4

hm, dunno if you can get a complete off the shelf gearbox like that..?

The only company I can find that do make complete gearboxes like this are ICS (which is their new split gearbox design, so doubt it will fit in a JG) and G&G but I can only find a M14 GB by them...

to be honest though it would probably be a lot cheaper (and easier) to just buy new internals for your gearbox and use your existing GB case.

Personally, I would leave the gearbox alone. Get a new hop and TB barrel instead, maybe a new motor too, then when the GB eventually fails, replace the internals with better one.

Comment

any V2 gearbox will fit in, just depends if your m4 is front or rear wired.

then add in hops/barrells etc. i can get expensive.

Comment

^Agreed, changing the hop unit or bucking can give pretty big change to your gun's performance.
        sigpic

Comment

should've added:

- currently got TM700 motor
          - standard barrel & hop

i'd look to replace with TB and TM hop(?) anyway

new GB already sounds like a non-starter tho
          (unless anyone reading this has something nice for sale?)

is the consensus; TB, better hop 1st? different motor?

cheers so far guys
          h e y d r i c h
          L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

depends what youre going for, do you want an insanely high ROF? If youre happy with what it is at the moment, dont need to worry about changing the motor, the TM700 is pretty good. But Id definately put a Madbull black python V2 6.03 TB in it and a new hop.

Like I said, Id leave the gearbox alone, then think about upgrading the internals after they fail.

On the other hand, if you do want an insanely high ROF (and dont want to worry about your gun failing mid skirmish) you will need to upgrade the internals accordingly. Im not sure if theyre any good, but hurricane (I think?) do a complete V2 gearbox upgrade kit, its on Z1 for about £30. I dont know how good it is, but it'll certinly be better than standard JG bits.

Comment

thanks Tiercel - appreciate the advice
              i'm not really looking for ultraROF
              i'll deffo go with the new barrel and i'll check out the hurricane GB upgrades

thanks again
              h e y d r i c h
              L T F S

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

heydrich Find out more about heydrich
              Working...
              X