Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

How much to fit all of this do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much to fit all of this do you think?

Hey

I have been wanting to do a cqb m4 project for a while now, and i finnally have the money to do it!
    So, i am ordering these parts with the intention of fitting them, i would do them myself, but i want it done properly first time . I understand about how to change a piston etc, im just not good with angles of engagement, shimming etc...

So, the parts are as follows

Guarder High Speed Revolution Long Type Motor
    SHS Super High Speed Gear Set for Gearbox V2/3 (13:1)
    SHS Full Steel 15 Half Teeth Piston (Blue) (Shortstroked and swiss chessed)
    SHS m100 + M110 Spring (Depends which one gives out closer to 328fps)
    Element Silent Head Set for Gearbox Ver.2
    Hornbill MOSFET active braking unit for M4 AEG.
    And a Dream Army rear wiring kit.

Seems like alot, so im not sure what it will cost, or who to give it too!
    Answers to who on a pm please
    "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Re: How much to fit all of this do you think?

For the right person, nothing.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

haha, i havent found that person yet :P
      As i dont want someone with no proof that they arent trolling etc. Dont want to loose my only rifle :P
      "Happy those who seize your children and smash them against a rock." Psalms 137:9

Comment

Fair enough, but I think your local site techy would be the best option.

A brain?

Comment

well, atm i have a certain bird of 6
          will pop down to Southern Combat, but i dont think they will be as cheap... or as high quality

Comment

Make some contact with the main retailers and see if they will swiss cheese and short stroke, some times they don't as it's an easy way to damage items if done wrong.

A brain?

Comment

Yeah... Well, ive sent 6 an email, will see what he says

Comment

Originally posted by Raguri View Post
                haha, i havent found that person yet :P
                As i dont want someone with no proof that they arent trolling etc. Dont want to loose my only rifle :P
                You wouldn't need to send the whole rifle for GB work

A few things i will point out,
                * That half toothed piston is not compatible with the gear set you have listed, those half toothed pistons are for very high ratio gear sets where the sector gear has one set of teeth.

* For the Piston you would need the full toothed version, and if you want my advice id avoid the SHS piston all together. How fast will you be aiming to run this setup? What battery? You almost certainly don't need a full steel rack on the piston at common speeds and if you did you would be better off without the rubbish sintered racks most of these new clone brands are throwing out there.
                All it means is that when the rack fails, it will get ripped into the central 3 gears and cause catastrophic damage to many other parts potentially costing you far more that a replacement piston.
                Unless you are running a setup that must use the full rack, id avoid it completely.

* Gear Ratios and Motor choice
                13.6:1 is a very low ratio, it will increase the load on the motor. It is important that the motor you use can provide a lot of torque as well as speed. With a low torque rating, running low ratio gears and pulling stiffer springs that are required to return the piston assembly in time (if you are intent on higher ROF), the motor will struggle causing it to become far less efficient and possibly reduce the lifetime.
                The Guarder HS motor is very fast, but is limited for torque. If you are really are set on gear ratios that low id advise sticking with the M100.
                dsgdreamteam

Comment

Just my £0.02 I wouldn't go for the full tooth piston as it causes alot more wear on the gears than standerd pistons.

Ninja'd

A brain?

Comment

Referring to Pistons with half with teeth? or how much of the rack is metal?
                    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Originally posted by sniperjesus View Post
                      Referring to Pistons with half with teeth? or how much of the rack is metal?
                      How much is metal.

A brain?

Comment

Oh I was referring to the one with the full metal rack half width teeth that SHS also do. If you meant the Azimuth/Storm Clone with the half metal rack then those are good
                        dsgdreamteam

Comment

So i need a full tooth made of plastic not metal? And the motor would be ok or not, if i pull the m100?

Comment

Originally posted by montesa77 View Post
                            Make some contact with the main retailers and see if they will swiss cheese and short stroke, some times they don't as it's an easy way to damage items if done wrong.
                            And get charged £45 exc. p&p both ways? With hourly charges? and overcharged prices for parts needed? Na...

Comment

Also, what bearing gearbox is a classic army proline m15a4?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Raguri 5 years off, now looking at finally dusting off the ol' girl and getting some games in. Find out more about Raguri
                              Working...
                              X