AGM 416 Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGM 416 Motor

Got a new battery this morning, a 9.6v 2200mAh for my rifle, which is an AGM HK416. After charging up the battery and firing it off in the said rifle I noticed a peculiar smell coming from the gun, smelling like something was burning. A couple of hours later and letting the battery charge up more i decided to give it another try. Full auto for about 3 seconds, the smell came back so I decided to fire it whilst looking down the pistol grip and into the motor housing. To my astounishment every time I fired it a smell explosion/flame was emmiting from the motor. I've tried it with my other battery and it sparked only on the very first shot. What exactly could be causing this, could it just be that this specific motor was never meant to fire this fast or is it something else? Any ideas at all?
    The Gear Box Destroyer

Re: AGM 416 Motor

First of all is this a new gun?
    If it is it will just be the carbon brushes braking in as to speak and expect sparks and a smell to emit from the motor.

If not take the motor out and give it a further inspection as it might just be a rubbish motor =/
    Hate.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

not a new gun, almost had it for a year now! I guess going from an 8.6 to a 9.6 is a wee bit of a leap for this motor. i'll take it out again and give it a check, unless it melted itself away.
      The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

bit more info on this, the sparks and smell only occur when using the 9.6v battery. Could using a stronger battery put too much strain on the motor and damage it at all?
        The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

The higher power battery will be burning the motor out

Also the sparks are because the motor is spinning faster then then the stadard ones is meant to

So replacer the motor for a faster one mate
          and all will be good

Comment

well I used the battery all day yesterday and not a single problem with the motor at all! no sparks, no burning scent, no problems at all. Some time soon I will most likely replace the crappy stock motor for a faster one.
            The Gear Box Destroyer

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stones Find out more about Stones
            Working...
            X