Barrett upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett upgrade

Hi everybody I have the Socom Gear Barrett M82 and I'm looking to upgraded to around 500-550 fps (I'm from Greece and it's allowed if semi-only).
    The main problem is the gearbox ... I'm thinking to use the Systema revolution M150 or M160. What do you thing about it? I'm open to suggestions.
    I already have barrel spacers, a Firefly 800mm 6.01 TBB and Prometheus strike NEO Hop-up.

Please don't tell how crappy is this gun or to sell it and buy something else.
    I love the looks and yes I've skirmished with it and with my Ares cheyTac Intervention.

This project is important for me because of an event next month.
    Thank you for your time

Asahi WA2000
    WTB Piper Minigun

Re: Barrett upgrade

Hi there mate.

A systema torque up gearbox is a solid choice. I run the M120 rated one in my Hurricane M82 and it's never let me down. I would advise getting the Systema Magnum (high torque) motor with it as well. From there, look at hop and barrel upgrades. I personally went with a Systema hop chamber and TM hopup rubber, with Element H hard nub, then a Madbull black python barrel. The combination has served me very well.

If you want to totally overhaul it, the next thing would be to look at electrics. I run silicone coated wiring in mine, coupled with a mosfet and 10.8V battery. You'll need a good quality circuit to feed the motor and a mosfet keeps the massive current spike from ruining the trigger contacts.

All in all, it's a really fun gun to upgrade, but be prepared to sink some cash and more importantly, a lot of time into it. It'll be well worth it in the end though.

Comment

Well I was planning for the Revolution M160 so I can reach (in theory) 525fps but I look into what you're suggesting.

Asahi WA2000
      WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

What can you tell me about the Revolution m160? Is it any good? I have a promytheus Strike NEO hop up chamber will it work with it? I've read somewhere it uses only Systema hop up has anyone tried with other brand?

Asahi WA2000
        WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Nothing?

Asahi WA2000
          WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

we can't run those ammounts of fps in the uk mate so we wouldent know, but if the strike hop chamber matches a standard systema one you should be fine
            trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

I guess I'll have to buy a Systema Hop up to compare it. Has anyone of you experience with the Revolution. Is it any good? I just need a feedback so to know if it's a good to use one of these. It's pretty expensive so if someone know anything please let me know! Thanks

Asahi WA2000
              WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

What do you think about Polarstar HPA gearbox? It's awsome check the video on Youtube! It's a drop in conversion from AEG to HPA!!!! Abjustable FPS!

Asahi WA2000
                WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

I'm still debating on which path should I follow ... To wait for the Polarstar HPA Gearbox OR to build a gearbox my self with Promytheus Gears, Systema Magnum and M160-M170 spring. In the second option which shell should I buy??
                  I will buy MOSFET and will use it semi only but I want it to be durable and powerful!

Asahi WA2000
                  WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

Search Yahoo.com for a Matrix motor 3000. First link, At the bottom of the page there is version of the Systemas Gearboxes for half the cost. The Matrix gearbox comes with a m150, puts out between 480-550 fps!
                    Born To Lose, Live To Win !!! | Take What You Can, Give Nothing Back

Wanted: TM M4 Gearbox & EG1000 Motor

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wolfgeorge I'm George I'm 37 yo and I love sniper rifles and especially the Walther WA2000. Find out more about Wolfgeorge
                    Working...
                    X