Motor for my AA L85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor for my AA L85

Hi guys i have an AA L85 and have just bought a TM EG1000 motor and am thinking about fitting it. Will i be able to use it in the gun safely with no other mods at all and what are the advantages and disadvantages if any. Cheers Rob

Re: Motor for my AA L85

Will be fine, the EG1000 is a standard reliable motor, probably not much quicker than the current one.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Cool cheers for that mate its just that on the label it says its a high torque motor its a hyper max eg1000 high torque motor or something. Just wanted to make sure it was ok to fit it as i dint want it to cause any problems at all as i have a new upgraded piston with full metal teeth going in there soon aswell. Thanks again Rob

Comment

I'd be more worried about the full metal toothed piston.

Both my AA L85's ate their piston fairly quickly. With metal teeth, probably eat the gear set too!

Comment

Whys that then mate? i ordered it especially as i thought it would be more hard wearing as the standard shite one as when i got the gun it already had a stripped piston which the owner at the time never told me about which was quite annoying so i didnt just want to get another standard one and have it strip again.

Comment

The problem is that the teeth have stripped because things have gone wrong. Metal on the piston won't correct the problem.

When something goes wrong, the weal point is going to give. Most would rather the £10 piston went, rather than £40 gearset.

You need to address the issues of why something went wrong in the first place. So correcting the angle of engagement, and eradicating pre-engagement is the long time solution.

Comment

how would i go about that mate? Like i said i got the gun secondhand and it was already stripped when i got it which i wasnt told about when i got it. Ive stripped it all down and cleaned all the old grease out of the gearbox which there was loads of and have re greased and put it all back together and just waiting for the piston to arrive now. Everything gearbox wise looks fine and cant see anything wrong and apart from the stripped piston everything in the upper gearbox looks fine aswell.

Comment

The two biggest things:

- With the piston at further forward position, make sure the first gear tooth hits the big piston tooth at a 1 o'clock position.

- Remove the 2nd tooth from the piston, to give more room for the first tooth of the gears to come around.

Stolen from another thread on Zero In, but perfectly illustrates the point.

Full credit to MadMax (http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showpost.php...21&postcount=4)

This is not good!

This is good.

You'll see also that the second tooth has been removed too in them pictures.

You change the position by using washers behind the piston head, like such:

Comment

Cheers for that mate, ill have a go at it when the piston arrives. With the second tooth removed does the 3rd tooth engage fine with the gear etc? i know its probably a stupid question but just thought i would ask. If its done properly will it greatly reduce the chance of it stripping or is it the pre cocking thing that does it? Thanks again mate

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kirbymeister025 Find out more about kirbymeister025
                  Working...
                  X