Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hop up recommendations?!

Hi,

i have a g&g cm16 which I have upgraded the internals on, cylinder, cylinder head, piston, piston head, fully shimmed etc, I now have great compression within the gun but still want that little bit extra elsewhere, I was looking at a Maxx models hop up chamber and wondered if anyone had any experience with it and what it was like or if there are any other better alternatives, I’ll be running a flat hop on it too

many thanks,
    matt

Maxx model chambers are very good but very pricy ! If you have on of the new style rotary G&G hop up units , I would keep that and work on your tuning .
    I have a G&G MBR with a Maxx unit but went back to the old one as it same the same performance really

Comment

Originally posted by ddb2882 View Post
      Maxx model chambers are very good but very pricy ! If you have on of the new style rotary G&G hop up units , I would keep that and work on your tuning .
      I have a G&G MBR with a Maxx unit but went back to the old one as it same the same performance really
      Unfortunately I have the old style hop up on it

Comment

Shame ! In that case the Maxx would be a pretty good hop up. I paired mine with a TNT TR hop up rubber for great results in my DMR

Comment

If you are looking purely at performance and not aesthetics, then i wouldn’t opt for that unit, you would see better results from less money by doing other hop mods to the existing unit.
          Bare in mind that most rotary units tend to use a shorter arm which adds greater deviance in angle on adjustment which puts it at a disadvantage against the traditional layout so be prepared to make further modifications if you would like similar results on flat hop.
          dsgdreamteam

Comment

After recent experiments of my own, I have discovered Pro-Win Hop/clone pro-win units... thus far, I have noticed that they allow a greater adjustment of hop.

if you use a TBB (Tight Bore Barrel) they won’t work as well & result in feed issues- as they require greater pressure from the nozzle, to push the BB into the bucking...

one option is to use use the original barrel & Pro-Win... Or, if you want to use a Pro-Win and TBB - use a rotary tool to shave down the o-ring a fraction. or to use the

Or- use the original Hop unit and a TBB & Dave the hassle of shaving down the bucking.

either choice means better range- In my experience...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mattwright Find out more about mattwright
            Working...
            X