AEG Double Firing on Semi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AEG Double Firing on Semi

You shouldn't need to fit a mosfet.... If you can't get your gun to work as it is, get it looked at.

Sure, I like mosfets too, but seriously, there's an internal problem if you're short stroking.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

There could be a wider issue here though. The ICS SA80 has exactly the same problem and I have tried all known fixes and the issue is still there on my wifes gun. The last thing I will be trying is a High torque motor in place of the High speed motor. However ICS guns are notorious for this problem when using high voltage batteries. As said try either a 7.4 or 8.6 Nimh battery.
      Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

Cheers Guys

Comment

I had the same problem with my ICS MP5.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
          A brain?
          Originally posted by snuff
          Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

widen the trigger contacts and fit a hardened cut off lever...

if you still get over run after that then an ab mosfet...

You shouldnt HAVE to fit the ab mosfet though, you should be able to cure it by having it properly disengage the trigger blade..

do this then get back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jfox61 View Post
              There could be a wider issue here though. The ICS SA80 has exactly the same problem and I have tried all known fixes and the issue is still there on my wifes gun. The last thing I will be trying is a High torque motor in place of the High speed motor. However ICS guns are notorious for this problem when using high voltage batteries. As said try either a 7.4 or 8.6 Nimh battery.
              +1.

The OP has already said it works with a 7.4. It's not 'short stroking' either, theres simply too much inertia in the system when using a big battery and the cut-off system can't handle it. Spend time trying to find a non-existent mechanical problem if you like, but my experience tells me that you will come full circle and fit an AB Mosfet

Or run the 7.4...

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR
              TM chrome Deagle / KWA P226 / WE G18C Gen4

Comment

i just fired a gun today on an 11.1v it shouldnt have any over run. 2 shots is relatively low for over run, a new cut off lever and some attention paid to how it cuts of the trigger unit should be enough.

cut off levers wear just like any over component, you have to remmeber on single shot its being hit repeatedly by a peice of metal. eventually the height lowers and then it doesnt disengage the trigger blade fast enough..

similarly you can look at the trigger blade is it moving freely, is it jaming in the contacts, manaully turn the gears with your hand if doing that doesnt disengage the trigger blade then, your basically "hopeing" that the extra force and speed of the gears will manage to do it. I dont like to hope, i like to know its working.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                  ia new cut off lever and some attention paid to how it cuts of the trigger unit should be enough.

cut off levers wear just like any over component, you have to remmeber on single shot its being hit repeatedly by a peice of metal. eventually the height lowers and then it doesnt disengage the trigger blade fast enough..
                  Point taken but mine, like many others with the same issue, were brand new guns. In addition, my gun was stripped down to the absolute bare components to try and find the problem prior to fitting the mosfet. Like you, I would rather find a problem than fit a crutch. No problem or wear whatsoever was found yet the fitment of an AB FET immediately 'cured' the problem. The stock cutoff lever is hardened steel already. Personally I think there is a design fault with the semi cut-off action on the ICS L85 and this may extend to the M4 range.

As to what the exact issue is, I still dont know. Could be anything from slop in the system (of which there appears to be very little) to the angles/throws of the respective levers not being enough. Bear in mind I am only using a 9.6v. I would wager that just about every ICS L85 out there would double fire on an 11.1v lipo, which isnt right bearing in mind how many other AEGs out there dont have issues with 11.1v packs.

SRC G36C v2 / ICS L85 A2 / ICS M4 RIS Proline all with AirFET mosfets. RA-Tech WE GBB Open Bolt SCAR

Comment

i know what you mean but in gun mechs you have to take it to that next level for the truely werid problems and no problem is unfixable, if even on a stock brandnew gun its not working right, dont assume it should be the case just becuase they made it that way.. simply adding some material to the swtich block end of the cut off lever will have it disengaging the trigger blade sooner. forget the metal end that makes contact with the gear focus on the end which disconects the trigger blade. its not wearing and you can build it up in height without your hard work being destroyed by the gears over time.

Some times when theres no part available you have to make your own.

The mosfets a perfectly acceptable solution but im just saying it can be cued another way.

Comment

Originally posted by richardy View Post
                      The mosfets a perfectly acceptable solution but im just saying it can be cued another way.
                      Totally agree buddy, I'm not averse to 'making things work' (I built a Lamborghini Diablo 'kit' from scratch which was far from a kit) but in my opinion for most owners the FET will be the cheapest, simplest, quickest way to solve the issue

Comment

try sand down the back of the cutoff lever.
                        it works for me.
                        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

richj Havent got around to writing my biography yet, but will let you know when WH Smiths stock it!! Find out more about richj
                        Working...
                        X