Trigger contracts burnt through... quick repair? G36C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trigger contracts burnt through... quick repair? G36C

Right, I've recently been dabbling in taking apart my gun piece by piece and getting to know how it works. Everything is fine, apart from a few niggling issues that I'm getting sorted, but one I need a bit of advice on...

Basically, before I took the gearbox apart, I noticed that I had to pull the trigger right back, and then apply more pressure for the gun to fire. When I opened up the 'box, I found that the trigger contacts had suffered from my desire to use bursts of full auto

I'm using a G36C, and basically one of the two contacts has burnt through on the elbox part where it bends out to make up one side of the V, this means the wedge that goes between to make the ciruit has to go right forward before contact is made. Also, as its only just touching, I'm guessing its arcing like crazy and causing more damaged.

I've got a MOSFET winging its way to me now, so soon I won't have to deal with current going through these contacts, but I need to fix them all the same.

I could buy a whole new trigger unit, but its £30, which seems extortionate for what is essentially a bent piece of metal. Is there anything I can use to replace this trigger pin (I guess thats what its caused ) for cheaper? Plus I have a game this sunday, so... :D

Cheers for your help in advance.

Re: Trigger contracts burnt through... quick repair? G36C

G36 trigger units are a pain to find. Most big places don't stock them. Mosfet is the answer. What you can do is pull out the burnt pin and turn it around

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SorX Find out more about SorX
    Working...
    X