easy question - battery connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easy question - battery connectors

still getting to grips with the airsoft stuff and finally got round to testing my gun. i was hoping to get lipo and have but it doesnt fit in the gun... sorry going off on a tangent here...

sry for the bad pic, you might just be able to make out the end of the connectors.

i was going to check the charge on the nimh battery and it said reverse polarity, i had a feeling it would because the black and red were effectively crossed when connected to the charger.

now looking at the pic , are both of those connectors effectively wired incorrectly? obviously they work together because they are black to black and red to red but is red to round and black to square non standard?

i intend to replace with deans, so just wanted this clearing up before i wire up the deans backwards :D

how would the previous owner have been charging this if this is indeed non standard? would i have nackered the battery if i'd have just connected it upto one of the cheap ac adapters?

Re: easy question - battery connectors

a little confused :P but that photo the wiring is correct , what make of charger do you have ?
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

yeah i'm confused also :D it's difficult to explain

the other problem is that i dont have i direct way of connecting to my charger without using a converter cable because the turnegy doesnt have a mini tamyia.

charger has deans

gun and battery are mini tamiya

i have a short cable with mini tamiya on one end and deans on the other, but the mini tamiya on this cable is the reverse of the one on the battery/gun.

i just checked wiki which says "the usual wiring has the positive (red) wire running to the terminal with a square profile"

the large tamya connetor on the turnigy has red to the square, and i just checked my mate's rif and his battery and AC charger both have red to the square also (however these are both large tamyia).

Comment

Deans are simple mate. The ones used mainly in Airsoft are 'T' shape with the top of the T being pos and the vert blade being neg. Just need to remember to solder the female onto your battery.

That said I am switching to XT60's.

Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

ahh no the large is the other way around mate i have a tam to deans connecter in my hand ( small ) and a small tam to large tam

Comment

i bought some deans, it just bugs me when i can't sort something out. i'm used to fixing computers and having spare parts so i can swap stuff about, i just have 1 or none of the gear for airsoft so get a bit stuck

i'll just chop off the old ones and hope that the motor doesn't run in reverse haha :D

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
              ahh no the large is the other way around mate i have a tam to deans connecter in my hand ( small ) and a small tam to large tam

aaaaaaah that's good to know. sounds like my short mini tam cable has been made up incorrectly!

Comment

I dont have a single mini tamiya connector, my batteries all have deans, all my stock are different.

If you zoom in on the gear box I'm attaching it looks like round is pos.

Last edited by North West Outpost; 18 September, 2010, 20:53.
                Gun tech.

Comment

thanks for the help guys

Comment

not sure if this is relevent but batteries for model cars (which are what airsoft batteries are basicly) are wired the other way round to airsoft, but i'm pretty sure that it shoulnt matter as the same chargers are used for both

Comment

all deaned up now and still working woop :p

the connector was a tight fit, and despite being careful about everything so far for some reason i decided to prise it apart with a flat head screwdriver... what an idiot lol, i love the smell of burning deans connectors in the mornings haha

Comment

Good to hear deans are tight at first i use XT deans when i can get them as there a little bigger but have grips on to help grip the deans

Comment

Some of my batteries have 12AWG wire and have supplied XT60 connectors. Those connectors have a cup that you solder the wire into, I think that they must allow the power to pass through easier, with less resistance. Particularly with the thicker wire grade.

They are bigger than both the mini Tamiya and slightly bigger than the T deans. On a better note they are smaller than a Large Tamiya.
                          Gun tech.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PANIC Find out more about PANIC
                          Working...
                          X