RIS/RAS installation help for M4A1 Carbine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIS/RAS installation help for M4A1 Carbine

i have a JG m4a1 carbine, i wanted to add RIS or RAS system to it.
    Didnt seem such a tough job, and i purchased an RAS/RIS system (unfortunately it turned out to be dboys not JG) and im not sure whether i need to just change the front end as it doesent fit behind the holding cap on front sights or lock into security ring on main body....any ideas?
    Havent been able to find detaisl online
    Only God will judge me
    I am the balance, the median, betw'n anarchy and peace, and i am your judgement, your fate, and the crosshairs lying upon your heart...and the bb that hits true.

Re: RIS/RAS installation help for M4A1 Carbine

get some pictures so we know which unit you are trying to fit. or if not some links to where you got it from.

Comment

it was from kh mountain-its a two piece system (thought it would take the place of the handguard) but turns out its because the diameter of the 2 piece system at each end is a 3-4mm different
      Only God will judge me
      I am the balance, the median, betw'n anarchy and peace, and i am your judgement, your fate, and the crosshairs lying upon your heart...and the bb that hits true.

Comment

sounds to me like you have the wrong sized one, it's supposed to go inthe same place as the forgrips i believe

Comment

i had the same unit fitted to a G&P front set it was tight but fitted , your could always buy a G&P end cap and delta( not sure if the delta would fit tbh) or just sell the unit
          Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

haha
            can i just ask
            when you first got your m4 did you titen the screws and nuts up?
            i have a CA ris m4 and i also had an JG M4A1
            ill get some pics of my ris for you

Comment

here you go.

Comment

this is the mount on the m4:

Comment

yeah all screws, nuts were tightened. i think it may be the wrong side because the end cap meets the same diameter as the end cap...the delta ring wont move over the ends of the rails because its same diameter. wooooops. may need to buy either an m4 outer barrel rather than m4a1.
                  Dya think that will help or perhaps buying a larger delata and end cap?
                  Only God will judge me

Comment

personally i would scrap the whole front section and get a CA one
                    the!
                    i had a JG M4A1 and the barrel fell of because of the way it is put on!
                    gate a CA and new CA delta ring.
                    to be quite honest if you stuck an m203 on say an RIS that you puton your m4 the whole thing would just snap its that weak!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

greggersp Find out more about greggersp
                    Working...
                    X