Installing longer barrel in HK416

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing longer barrel in HK416

So I would like to improve the accuracy of my AGM 416 by installing a longer inner barrel. I already have the extended barrel version when comparing it to the one where the muzzle sits directly in front of the hand guard. One way of doing this I thought was by adding an ICS QD suppressor through which the longer barrel continues. As an airsoft novice two questions sprung to my mind:

1. Is this idea feasible?

2. Are there long inner barrels out there that will fit the AGM 416 and how mich would I be looking at for a second hand one?

A phot of the current setup:

AIRSOFT WEAPONS M4 (recoil)sigpic

Re: Installing longer barrel in HK416

1. Yes
    2. Madbull 6.03 barrel, at 510 or 590mm
    Silencer needs to be long enough to cover this.
    Use the distance from the hop unit to the nuzzel as a rough guide to the barrel length, then add the silencer length to get a good idea of the inner barrel you need.
    The tighbore could add 5-15fps too so consider this also.
    When the barrel is installed and before the silencer goes on, use some PTFE tape on the inner barrel just as it comes out the outer barrel, a couple of turns is fine.Then slide the PTFE down towards the outer barrel, this creates a flexible seal keeping the inner barrel from flexing when firing.

Comment

I just put a 509mm Systema from Z1 in my JG 416. It's the extended barrel version + my silencer. It works fine. Please note the main thing you will want to do if going above the standard barrel is use a full cylinder so that the volume of air in the cylinder matches that of the barrel. I used a Systema M16 (sometimes called Type A) Full cylinder and a 509mm barrel and the FPS stayed consistent.

Comment

Just to say, a longer barrel will give you no discernable accuracy or range benefit. A tighter barrel will. It's a common misconception. In real steel a longer barrel does give benefits, but in airsoft it does not.

Of you install a longer barrel without changing the cylinder port as mentioned above, your performance, and durability of your gearbox will decrease quite substantially.

So best thing to do would be to keep the same length barrel, just get a tightbore. You'll notice a tighter grouping, slightly longer effective range and an increase in fps of about 5-10.

Comment

The keeper, Dave and Guntech thanks for your answers. From this I understand the simplest and cheapest way to get a tighter grouping is to upgrade to a tightbore.
          AIRSOFT WEAPONS M4 (recoil)sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

the_firing_dutchman Find out more about the_firing_dutchman
          Working...
          X