Gearbox problem please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox problem please help!

yeah, My Gun is literally giving triple feeds! and with or without a large type or small, this gun has no trigger delay, I assume it's the AR's Spring in there but it might also be the Sector gear, as the TM ones give no trigger delay...
    So... I'm going to need to replace some parts...
    Anti- Reversal latch,
    Bushings - plastic to metal!
    this would set me to £10+ i believe.
    Any help would be great :D

Re: Gearbox problem please help!

Didn't this happen before? There is an old topic somewhere, to save asking you the same questions again.

No trigger delay suggests you are getting some kind of pre cocking. Basically instead of one each shot the spring being pulled back and then released and stopping like it should. It pulls back, releases, then pulls back again. Next shot, straight away goes forward (no delay) and then back again.

Comment

Try a new rubber and a mosfet(AB)..... Add them to your list.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
      A brain?
      Originally posted by snuff
      Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

Originally posted by Montesa77 View Post
        Try a new rubber and a mosfet(AB)..... Add them to your list.
        I'm against Lipos :O i know but i really wouldn't in my experience, once had a friend left his Lipo charge overnight and used it in his gun the next morning and the battery literally shredded the Gearbox...

I installed my brother's Vanaras m90 spring into my gun, and it was smaller than the stock one, which i think the stock does 330fps, it was cut down originally i believe anyways, I'll post a youtube video stating the noise later tonight!

Comment

Maybe a really weak poor quality spring is your problem. Not enough resistance, so it is pulling the spring back again as the motor over spins?

Comment

Originally posted by theMaskedairsofter View Post
            I'm against Lipos :O

A lipo would just make you problem worse. Get what I said combined with the stuff you listed.

A brain?

Comment

okay I'll do that but what is a mosfet? I've heard of it but don't know what it is?

Comment

What do you mean by tripple feeds? If its firing multiple BBs every shot, then its more likely a damaged loading nozzle or hop unit. Could be the magazine in that instant. If it fires a burst of shots when used on semi, then the most likely problem is the anti-reversal latch. If however you are getting almost no delay from trigger pull to shot, then I doubt there is a problem with the anti-reversal latch, as pre-cocking is impossible without one. It does however sound like pre-cocking is occuring. What battery and spring combination are you using? In below m100 with a 9.6 will give pretty good trigger response, so it might not be a fault per say.

Edit: I also agree with what Jag said above.

Comment

Originally posted by theMaskedairsofter View Post
                  I'll post a youtube video stating the noise later tonight!
                  Not going to do it tonight, but going to film it tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorLandmark View Post
                    What do you mean by tripple feeds? If its firing multiple BBs every shot, then its more likely a damaged loading nozzle or hop unit. Could be the magazine in that instant. If it fires a burst of shots when used on semi, then the most likely problem is the anti-reversal latch. If however you are getting almost no delay from trigger pull to shot, then I doubt there is a problem with the anti-reversal latch, as pre-cocking is impossible without one. It does however sound like pre-cocking is occuring. What battery and spring combination are you using? In below m100 with a 9.6 will give pretty good trigger response, so it might not be a fault per say.

Edit: I also agree with what Jag said above.
                    Yes, it's multiple bbs every semi shot, I've check it and there's no damage in either the hop or the air nozzle, Magazines are fine I'm thinking what you said about the AR and yeah thats fine it's just that the spring is bent...
                    If it fires a burst of shots when used on semi, then the most likely problem is the anti-reversal latch
                    there is a massive trigger delay, Currently i'm using a M90 spring with a 8.4v 1500Mah right now...

Comment

I dont think I can suggest why its firing multiple BBs then... unless its cycling twice for the reason Jag stated above. If its firing several in one cycle, then I dont know.

For a *long* trigger delay... the usual suspects are dead battery, hard spring, poor shimming or damaged trigger contact/poor wiring.

Since nobody has answered: a mosfet is an electronic switching device. Normally when the trigger is pulled, current is drawn by the motor from the battery, through the trigger contacts. With a mosfet, the trigger being pulled causes the same, but for the current to the motor to be drawn through the mosfet, thus reducing the resistance of the circuit and potential arcing. This gives better response times and a (slightly) higher rof.

You could consider using one to help with trigger lag, but I would consider trying a different battery first. First charge the battery you have fully and test again then, and then see if you can borrow a different battery 8.4 or 9.6. An M90 should be pulled fine with an 8.4, but the 9.6 will help give you some comparison if the other 8.4 gives the same result. If it dosen't work well with either, check the trigger contacts for scorch marks and also check the shimming. It could also be possible the motor is unwell, so see if you can scrounge a spare one and try that.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorLandmark View Post
                        You could consider using one to help with trigger lag, but I would consider trying a different battery first. First charge the battery you have fully and test again then, and then see if you can borrow a different battery 8.4 or 9.6. An M90 should be pulled fine with an 8.4, but the 9.6 will help give you some comparison if the other 8.4 gives the same result. If it dosen't work well with either, check the trigger contacts for scorch marks and also check the shimming. It could also be possible the motor is unwell, so see if you can scrounge a spare one and try that.
                        I've tried a Large type 8.4v, and a 9.6v as well, but this makes no difference in the gearbox's performance whatsoever. any ways on the subject of Gearboxes, i was wondering what would be the best AR is also where can i get a mosfet,

Comment

If you want them from the same place PM me.

A brain?

Comment

Last time i had multi feed issues it was a split hop rubber....fired every 3rd shot and they almost fell out.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

theMaskedairsofter Budget Airsofter Find out more about theMaskedairsofter
                            Working...
                            X