Magpul PTS Masada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magpul PTS Masada

I recently got my masada and took it to my local store to get a prometheus gear and piston set and after them having it for over a week they have informed me that when firing on full auto and switching back to semi it sometimes fires two rounds and sometimes there is no response from the trigger at all and the same when switching from semi back to full. The gun was working perfectly before they got their hands on it and now it seems that after me paying them £200.00 to install the new piston and gear set that all they've done is effectively broken my gun. Does anyone know where I stand legally for any sort of re-dress as the gun itself cost me £430ish and the work that they have charged me for to break my gun is £200. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke
    Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)

Re: Magpul PTS Masada

I'm assuming they wont send it back in this state... let them finish fixing it first.

Comment

they've said that they are giving up on it as they can't work out what the issue is. They want me to collect it as is.
      Edmund Burke

Comment

Jesus that's not a very good attitude from a airsoft store particularly from one that is happy to take your money to do 'work' on your gun.

Comment

Contact your local trading standards department is your best option

Comment

well i dont understand why they havent removed the items fit and returned it to its original condition if they havent the skills to do the work.

I feel a name and shame is due here...

Send it to me as is ill sort it out, for a lot less no duabt.

Comment

That's exactly what I thought, surely they should replace the gun or is that a bit too optimistic?
              Edmund Burke

Comment

Helpful comments only please.

I'm not a laywer, but I'd say you paid them to install the parts. They did. So you have nothing on them if installing the parts made the gun go wrong. It's not their fault, but the fault of the parts. I could well be wrong though.
                sigpic
                Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

I only agreed to have the upgrades on their "advice" they told me that the piston was about to break and that I needed a stronger one and also to replace the stock gears with the prometheus gear set, I was assured that it would run a lot better and that i wouldn't have the issues with the piston breaking.
                  Edmund Burke

Comment

dude ,

call them up,

and due to the faulty functions on the parts installed, get a refund and insure the gun is returned to the STANDARD internal set up,

dont let then fob you off mate, it they either return the gun to how was sent in and give you the parts you paid for in packaging , or cancel the part order ask for a refund and get the gun in original state back

Comment

Agreed. If they suggested the installation of new parts, that's a different kettle of fish to you asking for them. They said they'd make your gun work, they can't charge you and not fix it. Don't work like that. But if you wanted to pay them for the installation of parts that don't work, then you could do that, and it would be fine. Ultimately, your choice there.
                      sigpic
                      Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                      I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Overwatch Find out more about Overwatch
                      Working...
                      X