Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple V2 Help

Well, maybe not too simple.

My problem is the Sector Gear turns 3/4 the way fine, but then it almost stops, as if the cut off lever is stopping it from going further.

See the video for more info!

Thanks.

http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r...2-14-51-43.mp4

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Re: Simple V2 Help

Anyone? (I know it's only been a short while).

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

You'll kick yourself if this is right, but try picking the gearbox up and doing it.

I've had them on desks before, and the cut of leaver can't move as the weight of the gearbox is on it :D

Comment

cant load the link i hate vista , does the gb happen to be jg ? i had a shell come to me the other day 7mm jg , the tracks for the tappet plate ran to long and the sector gears arm for the tappet was getting hung up on it

hope that makes sence half a box of stella has gone atm :P
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

nvm just seen the link , is the shaft bent on the spur ? and are the teeth meshing ok nothing in the teeth , sorry gaffa head is fully up my arse atm , i remember a chap with a new systema gb had the same problems some months ago and found there was a problem with the teeth he had to file them a little
          Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Gaffa

Please look on the teeth of the gear mate both sets to see I any are missing as this will cause it to just suddenly stop

And also what gear set are you trying to use

Comment

Have you got the trigger switch block in there aswell?
              Do the gears turn smoothly without the cutoff lever installed?
              Edit:
              Just seen the video,
              Have you tried without the trigger switch assembly in there?
              Last edited by sj_asc; 22 September, 2010, 22:25.
              dsgdreamteam

Comment

Thanks for the number of replies, in order... :-

Jag, thanks - I'll try that one tomorrow morning as I'm off. That one's never happened to me before now, though!

Johnny, Guard - As far as I can tell and remember, all teeth were present on both gears. They seem to spin freely up to a certain point and then it (the sector gear) just stops. Is the shaft bent on the spur gear... Hmm, I don't think so, but I'll check in the morning!

SJ - I haven't tried without the trigger switch assembly yet. It's full of gunky grease, so I think a complete gearbox is in order.
                Also, just out of curiosity, if the 5th tooth (ie, counting inwards from the spring guide end) is missing or has been removed, but all other teeth are present, the piston will still operate as normal, right?

Cheers.

Comment

i know it sounds odd but id seriously look at the angle / cut of the teeth at the begining / end or the sector gear vs the other ones...

It is simulating what happens when you have a missing tooth.

something has to be stopping it, i would remove the cut off lever and trigger block to rule out the other suggestions then focus on how the teeth mesh.. traditional the last tooth is larger on some weaker gear sets. notice how it stops identically on the first and last tooth as it trys to come "off" the spur gear. im assuming the first and last tooth is a touch to high for the src gearbox...

you have to remember the positioning of gearbox holes is NOT identical on all gearbox's, I believe the sector gear is a touch to large for the placment of your sector gears bearing hole vs spur gearhole...

You can take a small needle file to the height / width of the first and last tooth on the sector gear untill it messes correctly and freely... its a hardened steel so you will have to do it a tiny bit at a time.

Comment

Removed the trigger switch unit, did nothing.

In the end, replacing both the Sector Gear and the Spur gear seemed to do the job, and she now works perfectly. (well, she needs a new air seal nozzle to be honest!)

Thanks guys.

Comment

please do the mods to the sector gear so the world knows im always right :p

You either need to replace all the gears with identically cut gears or file all the teeth so the mesh effortlessly.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gaffa Nicknamed "Gaffa" because I can be bossy, but get the job done! I'm built for comfort, not speed... Find out more about Gaffa
                      Working...
                      X