Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading my A&K M249 need some help

hi bit like sniperiain here
    want to upgarde the ROF and generally the internals on my M249.
    just wondering if someone could give me the right information about which gears and motors to buy?
    i will hopefully be changing the hop-up.
    can anyone tell me which hop-up to get?

Re: upgrading my A&K M249 need some help

Pretty much all version 2/3 parts will fit in this gun just fine, so go with version 2 parts.

It takes a short type motor.

Classic Army M249 hop up is the one you want I use a Guarder hop up rubber and bucking on mine and it's just great.

Upgrade, or get someone to upgrade, the wiring in the gun as it's prety rubbish stock. 16awg rated wiring is the best one to go for.

In terms of motos there's loads you could go for. CA High speed, guarder m120 systema turbo/magnum motors are good also.

Hope this helps a bit, I'm sure there will me many posts after mine.
    TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
    Tokyo Marui P90
    HFC M9 Special Forces
    KSC Glock 18c

Comment

classic army hop up, (although u can mod the orgianl a&k's hop up by drilling the hole bigger and wedgin plastic in the 0 ring.

ver 2 stuff works gucci! i did mine with a systema turbo short type, guarder sp120 tune up kit for the m4a1

and use a 10.8v mini bat
      Originally posted by bravotwozero
      Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

This seems like a good time to ask: Is it worth fitting a Madbull BlackPython 6.03mm barrel?

Comment

ayep, even better if its a MK2, it'll be the 509mm one, as for the para thats sumit like a 345 r sumit not sure
          Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

I dont think its worth getting a inner barrel imo.

I tried a Prometheus 6.03 510mm in mine and lost a fair bit of range and some fps, so i assume the standard ones are tighter?

My feed back
            http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

if you say it takes version 2 internals then you should buy a upgraded systema gearbox and switch all the parts over. they are the best money can buy so you cant go wrong there mate.

Comment

standard is a 6.04, tightbore barrel works better if you have a tight bore cylinder, cylinder head etc

n as for the systema gearbox etc, that would be a waste of time and money, all the m249 really needs is a faster motor, new cylinder and the hop up fixed, if your on a budget that would be the best way, if you can fork alot more then go with the tune up kits, n if money is no option then get the systema

if you want guys, ill do a video of my m249 with a systema magnum and a sp150 spring it, show you the range n rof a get with it )

Comment

ty all 4the help, will be looking t somestuff soon now

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Support Gunner Gilome Find out more about Support Gunner Gilome
                  Working...
                  X