A&K m249 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&K m249 help

right basically im about to buy a A&K m249 para and ive heard that they are good and all, but i have no idea what type of stuff to upgrade on one,
    any recomendations, stuff like ris kits, gearbox stuff, general parts, anything really,
    peace up ace down

Re: A&K m249 help

Hop rubber first, as well as hop bucking. Needs to be done to get it to skirmish level.

Then gears, piston and motor. For reliability.

Comment

As Keeper said, hop rubber and nub is a priority!

I would then invest in a new battery and maybe re-wire with low resistance wire and deans connectors. Both of those will up your ROF.

Re greasing the gearbox wouldn't hurt ether.

Comment

are they hop rubbers really bad then? i need to pull some more cash together:P
        peace up ace down

Comment

All you need to do is replace the rubber as some can be torn from the factory then cut a section of biro tube or wire insulation as a bucking. They go in vertically instead of horizontally so they need to be slightly longer than normal.
          Other than that you just need to give all the screws a tighten.
          The gears, piston and wiring are all fine stock. Some people have had trouble with the standard trigger switch but you can pick a new one up for about £1 at maplin. The motor is high torque so it can crank most springs stock so it doesnt have the fastest ROF but I've never found it lacking.
          Some people find the box mags cant keep up with high ROF guns so adding an extra battery to it solves that.

Comment

The entire gearset and piston in mine went within about a month. I've but CA gears and aTM piston in now and it's run sweet as a nut for a good year.

Comment

I must've used up to 50,000 rounds in mine before I sold it and the gears, piston etc were all fine. It was the hop up that was the huge problem. I tried everything and ended up replacing the entire unit. And then I lost a spring and lost the will to live and someone swapped it with me for a P90

I had also put in a TM Eg1000 motor to up the RoF and I ran it on a quality 9.6v battery and it ran fine with these

But yeah, hop up is the biggest priority!
              TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
              Tokyo Marui P90
              HFC M9 Special Forces
              KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Mine has also been running fine on the stock gears and piston. I have only skirmished 4 full days with it tho so about 12-15k rounds with the stock motor and a 9.6v 2200mah battery.

Comment

Yah, pretty sure I got a bad one. I have seen them go through a good 20k rounds stock.

Comment

A guy at my local site was trying to break his. He ran out two batteries by just holding the trigger down and firing bb's in to a trap. It STILL isn't broken to this day and this was done about half a year ago. It's gone through almost 80,000 rounds now
                    TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
                    Tokyo Marui P90
                    HFC M9 Special Forces
                    KSC Glock 18c

Comment

Originally posted by Evansy View Post
                      Some people have had trouble with the standard trigger switch but you can pick a new one up for about £1 at maplin.
                      Managed to break my trigger swithch when i re wired it any one have a link to the right part to replace it from maplins or somewhere similar

Mike

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

natfink your not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on Find out more about natfink
                      Working...
                      X