JG Thunder Maul Spring Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JG Thunder Maul Spring Change

Just wandering if anyone has, or knows of someone who has changed the spring in said gun, and whether or not there is a written up account of how they did it.
    If not and because I have never done any internal upgrades before, is it worth me just having a go at it? Or would this just cause problems and just potentially damage the guns internals?
    Thanks in advance,
    Tom

Re: JG Thunder Maul Spring Change

Anyone?

Comment

If you have never done a gearbox before, give it to a techy. You want to have your first dissassembly on a gun that's not worth much.

Mind you it's a thundermaul, so I would gladly see it DIE!

Sorry, I hate thundermauls.

Comment

If you really want to change the spring yourself then take a look at the guides on http://www.mechbox.com/ there pretty invaluable.

There probably won't be one on the Thundermaul but if you check out one on an M4 of some sort it'll give you a good idea.

Also if your going to DIY then make sure to do it on a clear work surface and be careful of springs and general bits falling out and getting lost. Make sure to have a tub to put screws in!

When I did my first spring change it seemed daunting but it was fairly straight forward in the end. Just make sure to take your time and don't get frustrated if something isn't fitting in right, I have on many occasion got annoyed and done something stupid which has cost me a bit of money

If you have the money you might just want to take it to a techie and save on headaches later.

Comment

Best idea if you're not too confident is have a techie do it, but ask to watch and to get them to explain what they're doing and how etc. Sure you might have to spend a little dosh but 1) at least you're guaranteed a working gun and 2) you can learn how to do it yourself for next time.
          TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
          Tokyo Marui P90
          HFC M9 Special Forces
          KSC Glock 18c

Comment

I have disassembled a Thunder maul underneath is just a standard M4 body with a V2 (one piece not quick swap) gearbox.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tenacioustom Find out more about tenacioustom
            Working...
            X