M4 barrel nut help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 barrel nut help!

Does anyone know how the heck this barrel nut is removed I cant for the life of me get it off theres just no give what so ever! Tried turning by hand and quite a hefty piece of metal in the holes and nothing I could be doing it completely wrong and I dont really want to bugger up the threads so any help would be very much appreciated!

Also it's on a specna arms a90 if that helps at all

Thanks
    BIG
    Attached Files

Yes it should screw off bud sounds like it's been over tightened. Can't remember if its a clockwise/anti thread but you'll need to be carful that you don't snap the upper receiver with too much pressure. Only thing I can suggest is removing the inner barrel and hope, and using some WD40 or something to try and lube the thread under it.
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Okay buddy that's brill thankyou I've ordered a vice/clamp so I'll whack it in there give it a spray of wd40 and hopefully get a bit more torque on it

thanks again much appreciated mate

Comment

No worries, make sure you clamp the upper receiver right at the front above the forward pin lug, it's the strongest point. Wrap it in a towel to not scratch it. If in doubt, youtube it.

I had the same issue with one of my .22LR rimfire M4's and managed to snap the upper receiver. Luckily my firearms dealer had friend who was the UK importer and managed to get me a new upper sent but it hit by pocket. Won't make that mistake again.
        Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BIGwat Find out more about BIGwat
        Working...
        X