charging a 9.6v 1100mah battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charging a 9.6v 1100mah battery

hi guys ive had a look but still cant figure it out/ I have a 9.6v 1100mah battery and one of these adjustable chargers for TIME and MA. Basically what MA should i set it to and for how long as i dont want to knacker it up putting to much charge through it or something. Im guessing its a 9.6v battery as there 1.2v cells and theres 8 of them so 1.2 x 8 = 9.6. i know this is probably all very simple but i want to double check before i go and burn it out or something. any help would be great guys. Cheers Rob

Re: charging a 9.6v 1100mah battery

Anybody know how long i should charge a 9.6v 1100mah battery for and what MA setting to charge it on? ive tried looking about and just want to make sure i dont charge it at a much higher MA setting than i should. Cheers Rob

Comment

Hi, I also have the same power battery and Amp hour rating, I am no expert but my charger does a good job in ten mins, has the ability to discharge a battery also, your right to check with some of the big boys Wolf etc, I have seen a battery go twice the size and start melting when wrong!

Comment

Check the sticky thread below the technical help menu that will answer your q's :

gas gun help

electric gun help

single action gun help

its down here somewhere lol
        sigpic

Comment

lol, ive been looking and cant find anything. I think its probably me being a nobhead but i looked loads and just want a simple answer so i dont knacker my battery but i keep getting these formulas etc,lol

Comment

What numbers can you set it to?

More importantly what ampage can you set it to?

Comment

Does it matter what MA setting i use, ie 100, 200, 300, 400 etc. I didnt want to set it to high and damage the battery. I got the calculator thing and in the MA box i put 200 MA and in the the MAH i put 1100 because its an 1100mah battery. It came up as 7 hours 42 minutes. Does this sound about right?

Comment

Yes. Typically, the lower setting, the slower charge, but safer. If you crank it up as high as it goes every charge, you will wear the battery out much faster.

About 7 hours sounds right. It doesn't take about 10 minutes to charge a battery sadly

Comment

Id always rather charge it slower and longer rather than trying to rush it. i just wanted to know What MA setting is safe and how long to leave it on that for. What is the highest Ma setting you would ever really use safely? I have the calculator thingy now so all i have to do is put the MA setting in and it will give me the time it takes to charge it. Cheers Rob

Comment

mine goes from 1A to 3A, but i always leave it on 1A and charge the day and night before a gameday

Comment

cool. My charger goes from 50 MA up to 600MA and has time setting from 0.5h to 8h. So basically if i always charge it using 200MA for about 7 hours 45 minutes that should be fine?

Comment

yeah should be ok!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kirbymeister025 Find out more about kirbymeister025
                        Working...
                        X