P90 battery mod (Any guide)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90 battery mod (Any guide)

Well, I don't actually have my adaptor yet, to be able to use the M16 magazines in the P90 and have a 1500 round reservoir, but hopefully HK post can deliver it by Saturday so that I can use it at Delta Team 3's overnighter this weekend.

Was wondering, if anyone has a link to the guide to tell me how to route the wiring/ use the magazine area of the weapon to store a big ass battery?
    Eventually, I think I'll be going to li-po's anyway, but just thinking of it as a long term project, especially if I'm going to decide to use the P90 at SennyBridge's Overnighter in July.

Or, if any of you guys have a guide, with pictures, if possible (as they do paint one thousand words!).

I've done a bit of Searching on Google, and on the Images section, but no such joy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, regards, Matt.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Re: P90 battery mod (Any guide)

Anyone?

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

i know what your talking about, i remeber reading it a while back, i had bookmarked the page but its been taken down,you mean about putting a big battery in the new 'gap' where the p90 mag would have gone?
      ill have a look on my laptop as that might have a reference to the page that still works..
      back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

yeah if any one could find it would be REAL helpful since i am on the same boat

Comment

It is very simple to do, only problem is having the tools to do it.

Unfortunately my camera phone isn't very good, but hopefully this will help.

First spit your p90 by pushing the button and sliding it apart.

Then take off the butt plate and undo the 2 screws inside. Careful you don’t loose the 2 little bolts that the screws go into.

Take out the plastic cover, and the gearbox should just drop out the back.
          Then using a long file, or drill, carefully cut away the narrow bit of plastic in the body, until it looks like (B)

Then carefully file away enough plastic from the top so that the battery cables can go through. Remember to make sure you file away the same side as the cut on the inside of the body.

The extension cable should fit snugly by the side of the gearbox, and come out the back in the middle of the plastic cap with the gearbox wire.

Comment

Thanks golem, might be of slighter greater help.

Rampage, you're a miraculous star! Thanks for such a brilliant guide! That's quite something.

So I'd need to modify the body If I'm to go this?

Comment

unfortunatly yes. Rampage i think did this to his old predator which my brother now has and he runs my 9.6 when im not using it

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

yes, unless you want the cables running on the outside of the gun, and not bother using the butt plate.

Comment

isnt there a way to do the mod inside the battery compartment thus alowing for a bigger battery to be stored in the origanal compartment

Comment

I modded mine to take a mini 9.6v. Involves cutting away a section of the inside of the buttplate

Comment

got any links or advice on how to do this with out cocking things up too much.

Comment

I use one of those Smokey's Cheek Pad's for the P90, which are now discontinued, so I have the ability to use a 9.6v nunchuck!

Comment

Link Removed

this is kinda what im looking for but i guese that will do for now.
                          Last edited by Rampage; 27 January, 2010, 20:27.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Gaffa Nicknamed "Gaffa" because I can be bossy, but get the job done! I'm built for comfort, not speed... Find out more about Gaffa
                          Working...
                          X