Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA G/box Delayer gear

Hi

Does anyone know if the classic army V2 gearbox has a tappet plate gear delayerer?, I've just opened mine up and found it does'nt have one, is this the reason for my low fps and double feeding probs?

Re: CA G/box Delayer gear

I have also found the clinder is has lost most of its internal coating down to the brass bass metal and the clinder head is scoreed along the air nozzle seating

Comment

no the delayer chip wont lose fps , and also this chip will solve miss feeding , double feeding is sorted by fitting a ab mosfet

that maybe the worn cylinder and cylinder head ,

and also you'd need to check the condition of the hop unit and hop rubber,

Comment

Originally posted by guard-sniper87 View Post
        double feeding is sorted by fitting a ab mosfet
        Well yes, but there are other ways of fixing double feeding. It's not caused by the lack of an AB fet, so it shouldn't be fixed by an AB fet, if you get what I mean. If everything on the gun is in good condition, it shouldn't double feed. So I'd make sure everything is working fine, rather than just installing a fet. That and a fet will only stop anti reversal latch related double feeding. Not hop up related double feeding.
        sigpic
        Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
        I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

well by the sound of the internals , with the ammount of threads he put up about it ,

he may aswell get one fitted, then sort the air seals out, then the gears , if setting up for a high speed ot flat torque set up.... will answer fitting the delayer
          etc etc

Comment

At normal speeds, gear boxes don't need delayer clips, mosfets or any other gadgets.

Unless you want to alter the way it fires by semi locking or 3 round burst. Or other mods of this ilk.
            Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

cheers for the advice guys, I have tried two hop rubbers and different nubs with no change. I did notice that the anti-reverse latch spring seems very weak, so will replace that as for the other bits new cylinder, cylinder head, jet nozzle and delayer are already on there way but I may get the mosfet as well

Comment

Got a simular problem with my ca v2 gear box let us know how you get on with it please

http://www.ukaircav.com

Comment

New parts arrived yesterday and where fitted except the jet nozzle M4 nozzle is not long enough for CA SCAR lights.
                  It has made alot difference the double feeding has been cured by the delayer and the cylinder, cylinder head have improved the air pressure in the cylinder by quite alot. Also fitted a new spring, as the old one was the original fitted at factory by the look of it, new spring was nearly an inch longer when compared side by side.
                  It will now fire a bb through 3 layers of corrigated cardboard, not an accurate fps check but will get that done this weekend

Again thanks for the advice guys

Comment

Presumable the delayer was installed at the same time as the rest of the parts. Something has fixed your double feeding. May well just be the fact you took it apart and put it back together. Something could have worked loose in between times, or the cylinder head might have been causing the problem. If you're going to say for sure that the delayer fixed double feeding (which I can't make sense of myself, not to say it isn't so) then I think some scientific method is required there. As in, take the delayer out, see if it starts double feeding again.

If you don't care to do this, that's fine. I'm not saying you should. Just asking: can you be certain it was the delayer that fixed the double feeds?
                    sigpic
                    Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                    I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

As pointed out by the gentleman above I did fit all the parts at the same time so I can't say for certain that the gear delayer is the only reason the double feeding has stopped, after reading his post I checked the old cylinder head in the old cylinder and there is a fair bit of horizontal movement (elevation and yaw) but this is the first gearbox I have taken apart and not found a gear delayer fitted, as I said on the first post I asked if that was normal for Classic Army V2 gearboxs

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hapi Getting to old for this s**t Find out more about hapi
                      Working...
                      X