Hot FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot FPS

Hi guys, well I brought my M4 over to the skirmish the other day and when it was crono'ed it was turning up at 360 and the site limit is 350, the marhsal said I could use it today but id need to sort it out before the next game, how should I go about doing this?
    I dont really fancie stripping my gearbox again to change the spring:eek:
    -
    Thanks
    -
    Sam

Re: Hot FPS

Originally posted by fatsam View Post
    I dont really fancie stripping my gearbox again to change the spring:eek:
    Too bad.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

if its a new gun, just run a few thousands rounds through it that might settle it into a lower fps.

Comment

change it down to an m90 or m95.....at most it should only take you an hour or two
        Bit-o-everything M4 RIS /TM MP5A4 / JG G36C / KWA MP9 NS2 / WE G39C / KSC USP / TM Beretta PX4 / TM 1911 MEU / DE M56 shotty

Comment

Oh well looks like im gonna have to take the spring out, its got a m100 in it so Ill give a m95 a shot then, but before I do that, Wasent there a method of leaving the spring compressed over night or something?
          If it doesnt work or makes my spring funkey then It wont matter as I would be changing it to a m95

Comment

hmm, don't know about M90's and M95 springs... but an M100 should give you just over 1 Joule, or 330fps.

but unless you wanna shoot tonnes of rounds thru it, change the spring. Sorry... but anyway, M4 gearboxes aren't the end of the world.

Good luck with the fps.

*haha, or use an undercharged battery for chrono* <- bad advice, don't use it :D
            sigpic

Comment

an m100 will give 350+ fps .. even had 1 push over 400 before ( hurricane )

A chap i delt with not long ago had a new gun shooting 360 he left the spring compressed for 2 days when it came to chrono it was just under 350 , this will not work every time but it can help
              Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

oh ok. maybe it depends on gun internals.
                I always assumed the "M" means "Meters"... as 100 meters/sec is about 330fps.

Plus my M4 uses one and chrono's at 332 fps.

Either way, I stand corrected.
                sigpic

Comment

Clip the spring, as you only need to reduce fps by 10 or so. Leave it compressed first though. See what that does.
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Get an M90 in there, use mechbox.com to help you dissemble it. Trust me its the best thing you can do! Once you become familiar with the Gear Box, the airsoft (world) is at your oyster!

Comment

Clipping the spring is not the best idea, for a few reasons. As is leaving your entire gearbox in tension for extended periods.

Systema 1J spring, Woodlands best friend.
                      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Taking a couple or so loops off the spring will be fine so long as you re ground the bottom to give a flat base again.

Afterall it's only 10fps or so over.

If you dont want to leave it compressed buy some cheapo bb's and run a bag full thought it.
                        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

As has been said, just clip a couple coils, i'd probably go for 1.5 and see.

Just to clarify what midas says about grinding the base flat, you want to snip to coils from the end that does NOT have the tighter grouping, which actually sits up in the piston, and file it flat. (To me the base is the spring guide end).
                          Born To Lose, Live To Win !!! | Take What You Can, Give Nothing Back

Wanted: TM M4 Gearbox & EG1000 Motor

Comment

Ok wel thanks for the help, I will leave my spring compressed over night (from 7pm to 7am) and if that doesnt work I will get a new spring as knowing my I will just fudge up something by clipping the spring, m90 sounds like a good bet, I think the FPS increase is due to a new hop up and TB barrel

Comment

Most likely yes mate, a tightbore can have a notable FPS difference!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fatsam Find out more about fatsam
                              Working...
                              X