G3 Gearbox Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G3 Gearbox Issue

I had an issue where the gearbox jammed on my JG G3 as it was a loaner gun I was not that fussed about it and i decided to learn how it all works and see if I can have a go.

I have managed to put it all back together and clear the jam, when i tested it there was no problem with fully auto and it fires well. On semi I am having an issue, when i pull the trigger the gearbox does not seem to complete the cycle all the parts are moving up to the point when the spring recoils and the so Im thinking that the Cam is not going all the way to release the spring.

Sorry if my explenation is not very good if anyone could offer any advise it would be apprciated.
    "You know mother, life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. Your life however is more like a box of ACTIVE GRENADES!"

Re: G3 Gearbox Issue

SO it fires in auto but not semi, but you say it sounds like it almost fire in semi?

Not to sure, I think maybe you have the timing on the gears wrong as that it the only thing I can think of.

Comment

Thanks for the reply any idea on how I correct this
      "You know mother, life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. Your life however is more like a box of ACTIVE GRENADES!"

Comment

You will need to open it up again and the sector gear that connects with the piston need to be set to the right position.

Do you see the post at 1 o'clock on the gear, my guess is that this isn't in the right place on your GB. This seems the most likely issue.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the help. I have opened it up again and had a go, Im although im still getting a simular problem ]. On single shot i ull the trigger and it fires if i pulll the trigger again nothing happenes and if i pull it again it fires and so on, also the trigger is clicking when i pull it which does not happen in auto.

Comment

Is the small block behind the trigger block still there ? , Also build the box up like in abb's pic with out the spring and pull the trigger and see if it push's the trigger block if it does turn the sector gear by hand with the selector plate set to semi and see if the cutoff knocks the trigger block back ( all the time keeping the trigger pulled )
            Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MallusWolf Find out more about MallusWolf
            Working...
            X