Splitting NiMH battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitting NiMH battery

Hi Quick question regarding batteries...

I have an mp5, not sure of make, but it's been modified to an HK53, as such battery space is very limited. The battery is have fits very poorly in the handguard and makes it very loose.

I have a 2000mah 9.6v nunchuck type battery from another aeg that I no longer use. Each half of the nunchuck fits perfectly in the handguard (but not both together). My question is can I split this battery into 2 batteries? It would make each one 4.8v and 1000mah?

​​​1. Would this work ok?
    2. Would this roughly cut in half the rate of fire and shot capacity (I'm not too bothered if it does)?

I can't find a battery that Z1, or anyone else, sells that would be a good fit l, which is why I'm considering this.

Cheers

Yes but no. Anything lower than a 7.2v NiMH battery would struggle to turn over in the gun, even then 7.2v NiMH isn't reccomended (8.4v minimum).

Sounds like you need to switch to a 7.4v LiPo which are a smaller cell type and will be easier to fit into the handguard space. However you will have to have a LiPo charger that you can balance charge them with.

Comment

Cheers for the reply. I'll give that idea a miss then and look at the smaller lipo batteries.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PeteJC21 Find out more about PeteJC21
      Working...
      X