Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P feeding issue....help!

hi all,

I have a G&P USMC SAM-R and a few weeks ago I realised it was intermittently dry firing, wether it was high or mids caps...usually on SA fire, might be on FA but the ROF is quite high so hard to tell.

I thought it maybe the tappet plate so decided to get a new one and upgrade some bits. I put a Prom. tight bore, Systema tappet plate, Systema Piston+head, Systema Hop up rubber and Element Spring.

But it still has the same issue. I read somewhere it maybe a gear issue, ie will I have to get a high speed gear set?

I'm not going to pretend I know anything about this so your help/recommendations to get my beast up and running again would be gratefully appricated.

Thanks in advance!

Andy
    Tac Modded 2012 PTW
    C11 from Team Cobalt

Re: G&P feeding issue....help!

Put a delayer chip in it.

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
    A brain?
    Originally posted by snuff
    Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

cool....does it delay trigger response or something?
      Tac Modded 2012 PTW
      C11 from Team Cobalt

Comment

No, just goes on the sector gear and holds the tappet plate back for longer.

A brain?

Comment

Did those magazines work before?

Comment

yeah and still do in other guns...Ill try they sector clip...think its to do with the M120 motor
            Tac Modded 2012 PTW
            C11 from Team Cobalt

Comment

if its a standard g&p running g&p gears it should come with a chip as standard i
              Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Your sector gear should already have a clip.
                Be sure the sector gear clip is actuating the tappet properly. It seems it fails to allow the BBs to come up from time to time.

Comment

If you're using midcaps, try stretching the spring. That should make them feed more strongly and improve feeding.

Comment

Have you tryed shooting it upside down to remove the possiblity thats its the mags?

A brain?

Comment

Yup! and tried different mags (high and mid) but it only happens say 5 rounds out of every 100...just happens to be those 5 rounds tend to me some of the most important.

If it is the sector chip thats the issue, how could I fix it? Knowing G&P they prob have fitted one already...the only non standard bits are mentioned above...
                      Tac Modded 2012 PTW
                      C11 from Team Cobalt

Comment

You have changed the gears and tappet plate, and checked the mags, the only thing left is the hop unit itself.

Comment

Gears are still standard as is the hop unit...

My local shop cant seem to find the fault either but Im beginning to think they cant tell their ass from their elbow
                          Tac Modded 2012 PTW
                          C11 from Team Cobalt

Comment

A feeding issue is less likely to be gears based and much more likely to be hop unit based in my experience. Buy a second hand hop unit off of here and see if it helps at all? Bu tif it is only misfiring 5 times in 100 I wouldn't say it was too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SOBandy View Post
                              Gears are still standard as is the hop unit...

My local shop cant seem to find the fault either but Im beginning to think they cant tell their ass from their elbow
                              The trouble with airsoft is every gun is different, even ones of the same make and model.

As my mate says, it's all trial and error....mostly error.!

Have you tried a different hop rubber? Something as simple as that can influence dry firing. Or even taking the rubber off and re seating it. Daft question time...You must have tried it with the hop fully off?

OR even change the nozzle. I wouldn't have changed gears piston or cylinder for a feeding issue.

Really in a standard gun on 8.4's or 7.4's or even 9.6's you shouldn't need a sector clip. But in a correctly set up high speed set up they are a must.
                              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SOBandy Find out more about SOBandy
                              Working...
                              X