Range?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Range?

Apologies straight away for such a question..
    I'm looking for the optimum range(ish) for my ICS M4,metal with a MB tightbore.
    As I'm limited to the length of my garden(23 metres,position to target) I would like to know roughly what is the optimum range I can expect in the field?I can hit a 2" square padlock at that range with .25's.
    I've not decided which weight to go for .2's or .25's..decisions,decisions.
    I don't do much in the way of sniping so .2's have always done for me.
    Any advice gratefully received.....thanks.:D

0.25s go further and straighter than 0.2s. factttt

So use them for a start. also change the hop rubber. Firefly are supposed to be the best, but ive always used tm and they are brilliant for me

0.25s with a tightbore at 300-350 fps and a decent hop rubber will get you between 40 and 50m which is fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Re: Range??

Know the FPS?

I'd say at between 330 and 350, you're looking at 45-55m with a .25 and hop set nicely. Slightly less range if you're using .2s.

That's of course if you can get enough hop effect for the .25s.

Edit: Ninja'd. But there's a general concensus of distance, basically between 45 and 50m there. .
      sigpic
      Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
      I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Cheers both,I'm getting 350ish on .2's,I put a new hop rbber in with the T/B..as yet both unused in the field..
        BTW what would be the expected range loss with the .2's?

Comment

Probably only 5m or so..? But you also get the added accuracy.

Basically, it's a noticeable difference, but it's not going to matter hugely using one over the other.
          Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

I should notice some difference anyway after adding theT/B and the new hop rubber with .2's,I'll try both anyway..cheers again..

Comment

What I found, is that .25s will go in a more or less straight arc, so if you want a little bit more range you can drop them on the target.

.2s will be swept away with the wind, going all over the place. Making dropping long range shots on target very difficult

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

snuff Find out more about snuff
              Working...
              X