KWA Ronin 10 ERG(the m4 version) motor upgrade issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWA Ronin 10 ERG(the m4 version) motor upgrade issues

I purchased a KWA Ronin 10 ERG(the m4 version) i would like to make the trigger snappier and i want to know the motor compatibility with a Tienly 30k, Garder High Torque or Asg 18/30k.

The reason i am asking is because i tried to upgrade to an SHS high torque. When i removed the stock KWA motor, i noticed an extra pair of cables and a diode attached to it. I suspected thats the trigger protection from 11.1 batteries so naturally i tried to install it to the new motor because of the mosfet absence(stock kwa ronin ergs dont have mosfet). After i installed the diode to the new motor, as soon as i closed everything up, the mini blade fuse blew. I kept changing them but the fuses kept blowing. I suspected something was shortening the circuit and i opened up the SHS motor i tried to install, and there was a metal base at the bottom of the screws that the diode is attached on and indeed it was shorting the circuit.

The stock KWA motor has a plastic base and screwhole for the screws that the diode is attached on, hence why it works and doesnt short the circuit.

After a lot of research, i discovered the three motor i mentioned might be compatible because of their construction. Can you confirm that for me please or tell me another solution?

I would prefer not to open the gearbox, but i dont mind doing that if its the only solution. Preferably id get away with a better motor for now, and in the future upgrade the gearset and install a proper titan and an etu.
    Last edited by ainta; 6 April, 2023, 12:10.

About the Author

Collapse

ainta Find out more about ainta
Working...
X