Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G Trigger Unit / Wiring / MOSFET Replacement Help

Hi all,

Would appreciate some technical advice. I've started playing again after many years away from airsoft as my nephew now plays. I can still strip down a gearbox etc, but the brand names and tech have moved on quite a bit since I was really into the sport.

His G&G combat machine (mosfet version) had an intermittent firing issue, sometimes pulling the trigger is fine, and other times completely dead. All the connections along the way seem fine, no damage to the wiring etc. I think the issue is the microswitch for the trigger is the issue. I'm having trouble finding a replacement, and the wiring sets with the trigger switch, mosfet etc (to rule out all issues) are around £80 - which seems mad as a whole new one is just over £200!

Are there any other good options for replacement? It does not need to do anything fancy. He is running small stick 11.1v lipos, so I don't think switching to a set of standard trigger contacts is an option.

Thank you!

Those old g&g trigger switches are very delicate if you over pull the trigger they failed easily half of my repair jobs were replacing them, and the mosfet itself in the buffer tube would just malfunction as well, those would ordinarily be replaced with a Perun g&g mosfet it is a direct plug n play replacement and so much better, the trigger board would be swapped out with a g&g one, with the recommendation of not getting too excited and over pulling the trigger,so option 1 would be replacing the G&G ETU Trigger Unit (£25) and then the buffer tube mosfet with a Perun, (£50) which may not need replacing but it's an excellent upgrade or get a V2 internal MOSFET which incorporates both parts in one, here you are spoilt for choice, probably the most popular is Gate titan, but BTC (the pioneers of internal mosfets) has a new MK3 V2 spectre out, and jeffron leviathan is also excellent and the one I would probably get,if BTC were unavailable, however there's no real right or wrong choice,all three are high end work slightly different to each other but do practically the same things and are premium priced starting from around £100, you can find clones on AliExpress for about £40 but I'd only recommend that if you know your way around mosfets, or have a look at a Perun V2 hybrid around £60 to £65 another good option
    Last edited by sparrowhawk; 26 June, 2023, 05:00.
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

sparrowhawk - Thanks, good to see you are still on these boards!

Any thoughts on the Jefftron V2? Looks like I can pick that up pre-wired for Deans for c.£40 - which is handy as I can’t solder. I was slightly put off by the sliding metal contacts on the trigger switch (I thought one of the big points on these trigger units was to remove the sliders as they arc on the high volt batteries) - but maybe they’ve got around that somehow?

Thanks

Comment

The Jefftron V2 is ok, but it is a dumb mosfet; it does not have any fancy bells and whistles, not even burst mode. It protects the contacts as only the extremely low signal current is fed through the trigger contacts.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
          sparrowhawk - Thanks, good to see you are still on these boards!

Any thoughts on the Jefftron V2? Looks like I can pick that up pre-wired for Deans for c.£40 - which is handy as I can’t solder. I was slightly put off by the sliding metal contacts on the trigger switch (I thought one of the big points on these trigger units was to remove the sliders as they arc on the high volt batteries) - but maybe they’ve got around that somehow?

Thanks
          Yeah the Jeffron is pretty basic, I'd would add an extra £20 and get the Perun V2 hybrid

Comment

Thanks both!

The hybrid looks cool, so I’m leaning that way at the moment. Do you find the optical trigger weird? In my main gun I’ve got the ASCU V1, so has the short trigger pull onto the micro switch.

Is there an budget option to align the trigger pull depth to the optical sensor?

Comment

There probably is, but I haven't seriously teched for like 4 years so I couldn't think of what would be the solution..
              however this is on their page

Perun V2 Hybrid replaces mechanical contacts in your airsoft replica or gel blaster and provides lots of useful features. Optical and magnetic sensors allow to eliminate many moving parts that are prone to damage, thus increasing the reliability. Adaptive trigger control allows switching from a very short trigger travel to a long one even in the field, with almost any trigger, including stock ones.

Comment

The issue is the small tactile button switch, it’s unfortunately quite common.
                The mini diaphragm inside has small tabs each side which break off and either obstruct the contacts or even sometimes complete the circuit causing random firing.

I have stopped offering etu++ plugin feature upgrades now as this switch is far too problematic. For not much more, the Perun Hybrid is available and replaces the entire unit + allows more trigger features and removes the possibility of such problems.

If you are set on keeping that assembly then replacing the individual switch is far more cost effective. Rich from E6 stocks them, but any switch wired in that configuration would work.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.
                dsgdreamteam

Comment

Also, the Perun Hybrid relies on a Hall sensor for the trigger so is not prone to the same potential problems that can plague Gates units (Aster in particular) where unwanted reflections and or contaminants can cause issues with the optical trigger.

Regarding other features, Jefftron Leviathan IMO is without question the unit to go for if you want more features and unparalleled support. BTC is unfortunately no longer on the market.
                  dsgdreamteam

Comment

BTC is still on the market,Frank from BTC recently released the MK 3 V2 mosfet

Comment

In fact a small batch will be available after the betas have been sent out

Comment

The page has been unfortunately locked stagnant for years now, the few mk3 units that made it out were warranty units.
                        With some luck, he will carry it through again.
                        dsgdreamteam

Comment

Yeah it would have been a shame if he had stopped altogether

Comment

Yeah although his customer service/response times weren’t always super sharp, the guy along with Terry from Extreme-fire is a Genius and is largely responsible for inspiring the other brands today.
                            I wouldn’t trust the other units to handle enough amps to start my car like I would the Spectre
                            dsgdreamteam

Comment

I bought my very first smart mosfet off Extreme fire

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
                              Working...
                              X