Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Speed Set-Up Help!

Hi all,

I've run my set-up for many years (on and off!) with 7.4v lipo without issue. This weekend I needed a new battery, and the only available one was a 11.1v... so I'm now in the market for a new piston!

Anyway, I've got 2 options now really, either ditch the 11.1v and buy a 7.4v, or upgrade to handle the 11.1v.

Current set up is...

SHS 13:1 Gears
    SHS High Torque Motor
    ASCU v1(?) MOSFET
    Lee Precision airbrake piston head & sorbo pad
    Bearing spring guide
    AOE corrected
    Guarder M100 spring.

Looking at getting the SHS Half Rack Steel Tooth Light Weight Alloy Piston, but can change that.

The ROF was good fun for the first 30 seconds (literally), so tempted to see if I can make this work, but not sure what I'd need to do.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

With a high amp 11.1v pack that system would be insanely fast, a full stoke M100 (even the hotter than average Guarder) would have trouble keeping the assembly in time.

For pistons these days, on a budget, the SHS in my experience recently has had quite bad QC issues, the moulding is simply too inconsistent with sizing (more nylon shrink rate) and they more often than not are binding on the rails.

XT tends to be the better of the budget bunch.

High end would be Airsoft Mutation Mk2 Jaeger (which will just not break even if you deliberately try to) or the Kratus Piston from Evike.

For half metal rack, the Supercore is about the strongest you can get, followed by Prometheus, neither particularly cheap though.

If you have the older SHS gear set you should be fine, but for the more recent sets then I’d strongly advise yeeting that bevel gear because they are terrible, and if you’ve already hit PME from running too fast then the time would be ticking fast. Most 10 tooth bevel gears will be a better replacement, Lonex Spiral is the quietest. ZCI or Siegetek 9 tooth is the most durable option but ratio will increase.

If you plan to keep the cycle rate high and a low spring rate then the Air brake might be a bit risky since you don’t want to be slowing the assembly near pickup.

As for the ASCU, regardless of generation is fairly dated by modern standards - units all the way from BTC, Gate and Jefftron all have settings that allow you to reduce the rate of fire which would have been the Ideal solution for this sort of scenario. The Jefftron is more Akin to the BTC unit (which is no longer available) but has additional features for battery management (ideal for low performance cells such as the Titan packs), a faster current sensor, better UI and much better customer support than the competition.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Can you even get the Airsoft Mutation Mk2 Jaeger in the UK?
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Yes, currently via myself and soon Sam Liggat as well.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
        Working...
        X