Another M14 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another M14 Problem

Dont worry, my problems aer diferant to the other thread thats also up.

Id like advice on what to do with my M14, its an AGM short barrel type, that i bought second hand recently, i took it to a game sunday, and loved it. BUT there are a few niggles

1 - The range leaves something to be disired im only getting about 25 meters before the B starts to drop, even with full hop.

2 - The FPS is only 270.

3 - on full auto it doesnt fire every shot.

now i know its probably just a case of new hop, spring and a sector gear clip, but dont want it over 350fps so can anyone advise as to which to get, i was thinking an SP100 spring and TM hop rubber.

any advice is greatly appreciated

IH

Re: Another M14 Problem

Tm hop set for sure
    cut off lever ( would need modding to fit if i remember correct)
    spring guarder sp100 would be hot ? best ask midas or rich sure an m90 or 95 should keep it under 350
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Cut off lever wouldn't fix anything on full auto. Not that it's a simple lever as such on an M14 anyway. I'm guessing by doesn't fire every shot he means intermittent feeding. But if the feeding is fine on single shot, it's quite possibly mag related. Have you tried a different mag to get it to feed better? Or held the mag forward as you're firing?
      sigpic
      Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
      I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Originally posted by dope_on_a_rope View Post
        Cut off lever wouldn't fix anything on full auto. Not that it's a simple lever as such on an M14 anyway. I'm guessing by doesn't fire every shot he means intermittent feeding. But if the feeding is fine on single shot, it's quite possibly mag related. Have you tried a different mag to get it to feed better? Or held the mag forward as you're firing?
        ill give that a go, when i get home, it fires ok on single shot so it could just be a subtle hint to stay away from auto,

is there anything else internally anyone thinks i should change while I've got her open

Comment

If you're not getting any hop up, have a look at the hop chamber while you're there. Could simply be the nub has fallen out, or you might have a very badly tattered rubber. There could be something telling in that. Check the nozzle, and compression in the gearbox as well. Low FPS could be causing the poor range more than the poor hop up. Or the poor hop could be causing the low FPS. It's hard to say for sure. Could just be that you have both a horrible hop up rubber, and a very week spring in the gun.
          sigpic
          Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
          I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

i get a small amount of hop, but not as much as it should be, still only getting max 30m before it drops, thinking that if i open the gearbox, ill change the O-Ring on the piston and give it a good greasing.

and looking into it a bit more, probably going to go with a sp90 spring, dont want to risk it being hot,

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
            X