Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM M14 Upgrade Advice Please

Hi guys

Had a TM M14 running completely stock for a while now. Currently it's running at around 260 - 280 fps. I wanted to bump this up to around 320 - 345 to decrease the time to target. One to many people have seen the shot coming and been able to dodge it!

My question is, if I put a spring in to bump up the fps to around the 340 Mark, am I going to need a different hop rubber? And how much of a decrease will I see in the rate of fire? I prefer my guns to function like the real thing, rather than 30 rounds a second anyway.

Sorry if all these questions have been asked, didn't find much useful info myself!

Re: TM M14 Upgrade Advice Please

i'm sure the stock tm rubber will be fine for 340 fps and you should not see the rof drop that much
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Stock rubber will be fine, but the best thing you can do first is put a tightbore in her. Then upgrade the spring and gears. My team armourer did mine and she's a beast! Out ranges most things on the field. Don't get fixated on the FPS, mine still only runs about 310/315.

Hope this helps.
      Team Chimera Captain.
      Assaulter/Scout Sniper/General sneaky B***ard!

Armoury:
      TM M14, ICS M4 RIS, KA M4SD, ICS MP5 SD6 (for sale), TM MP5 SWAT, Tanaka M700 (for sale), TM VSR-10, TM Sig P226, TM 1911A1, TM Mk.23 SOCOM.

Comment

perfectly happy with the range etc for now. Installing a tighbore ive been advised is a waste of time, as the standard M14 barrel is tighter than most anyway? Accuracy hasnt been a problem for me anyway. Its just people who can see shots coming and ducking them thats stopping me now.

Which spring do I go for then guys?

Comment

Also, more of a cosmetic upgrade question. What parts do I need to change to the socom barrel type? Is it a whole new outer barrel set, or just an add on or what?

Comment

WHy not just use the "stealth" BB's then you shouldn't have to worry abut people seeing the incoming.

Comment

Because I usually wall the bbs to target. Plus the stealth ones are expensive as hell. I go through a good 2,500 a day

Comment

I've used TM rubbers up to 450 fps no problem.

As for upgrades go with 6mm metal bushings, m90 or m95 spring (m14 have magic in them that gives more fps from a spring) and a re grease. I personally also like to ventilate the piston head, change the sector gear for a steel one, pop in a white H nub, and add a bearing spring guide, but that's just me.

Your EG1000 is more than man enough for a M100 or there abouts

Socom conversion is a new outer and inner barrel, gas block. flash hider, heat shield and scout rail mount.

Hope this helps

Comment

That's exactly what I needed thanks. Might hold off on the internal changes other than the spring, until I hit any kind of performance problems! Thanks a bunch guys!

Comment

Also, if I wanted to change just the barrel length to the socom length, all I'd need is a new outer barrel and inner barrel? Does anyone know where I can find one? All I've found is 1 conversion kit which is over £100

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                    Working...
                    X