G&G Ver2 gearbox problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G Ver2 gearbox problems

Hi all, Im having some issues with the G&G version 2 gearbox and I have no idea what is wrong with it.

I first try it withought the piston or cylinder inside and run it with just the gears in and it works correctly but when I add the upper gearbox sections it manages to wind the piston back a little way, then just produces a screaming noise.

Any ideas?

Ham

Re: G&G Ver2 gearbox problems

What have you done to it previously?

I take it you didn't just remove parts and run it for fun?

Comment

No, i was curious as to why the fps was so low at around 250 so i took it apart to find the piston head smashed to pieces. so i cleaned it out and put a new one in and now this has happened. slight update, i think it was the motor height that was causing it to screech but now it just clicks when you pull the trigger.

Comment

Stop pulling the trigger, you'll blow a fuse or worse!

Bring the motor height down a few turns, then work your way up half a turn at a time.

It is better to screech a little than be stuck basically.

Make sure the battery is full charged too.

Comment

ok tried this, just a high pitched screech and battery has just come of charge

Comment

I'd have it apart again, look for wear on the piston teeth or debris from the old piston head rattling around!

Comment

if it is screeching then there is deffinatly some dirt or previous broken parts still inside

as jag said , take the gear box apart and clean it ALL remove the grease from all the gears etc check the teeth are all correct on each gear as the sector gears inner set of teeth have a tendansy to break

also check the bearings and bushings to see if they have not imploded ..
              if any parts are broke , replace them with the relevant V2 components

Comment

Yeah, i have already done this and tested it with just the gears inside and it runs perfectly, its only when i put in the piston and spring parts that it racks back once and then just starts screeching.

Comment

Can you get some good pictures uploaded?

Comment

have you checked all the teeth on the gears to see if they are all intact ??

and check the pinion gear on the motor to check condition

Comment

Ok, i will get pics up of it asap

Comment

other things to look at ,

With the shell closed move the piston back and too to make sure its running fine on the guides and not snagged on the rear cut out

Did you replace all of the piston or just the head ? if it was the full piston what make/type was it ?
                        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

He replaced the piston head with a JG one , It is still the stock piston
                          Hate.
                          "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SQUID_MAN_HAM Find out more about SQUID_MAN_HAM
                          Working...
                          X