7mm bearings to 8mm bearings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7mm bearings to 8mm bearings?

ok im gonna be putting some high speed stuff into my GB and i heard that the bigger the bearings the beter. they are 7mm but is there any way of maybe drilling an 8mm hole for your bearing to go in or would it be fine with leaving it at 7mm. theres going to be a 10.8 battery involved, a mosfet and i systema highspeed motor so with 7mm bearings hold up?

Re: 7mm bearings to 8mm bearings?

i read somewhere that 6mm upgrade to 7mm is a good upgrade but not worth the extra cost to go to 8 mm if you already have 7,

how true it is i dont know

My Rating

Comment

dont try and drill the hole your self ! you can mess up a good gb doing this mod , just buy a 8mm shell but be warned getting hold of 8mm selector plates atm is hard ( trust me i have an unused G&p 8mm sat here never been used ! )
      Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

7mm ball bearings should hold up fine if you are using a spring within UK power levels, sure 8mm will take a higher load, but if you already have a 7mm shell id stick with that. If you really are worried, Modify make 7mm bushings, or you can go to Kanzen for ceramic ball bearings, but to be honest i think the standard 7mm bearings will be fine. It would be risky to start drilling your own holes, it would have to be done very accurately, its not something you'd pull off with a hand drill. Remember, if your dimensions are only slightly off, at higher speeds it could cost you the gear set before you've even finished a game.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniperiain Find out more about sniperiain
        Working...
        X